The Student Room Group

Conflicted

So let me explain. Earlier this year (April) we were told that we would be able to pick the new subject software development along with ICT as A levels. We then put down what we wanted on a sheet of paper I wrote Biology, Chemistry, ICT and software development. To my surprise when i get back to school and receive my timetable, ICT (my favorite subject) isnt there. I go ask my vice principle and she tells me that I cant do ICT and software development together even though she told us before we could. So I'm like 'great, I need four A levels, can i add politics' She adds the politics after like an hour of me telling her il move school if i cnt get 4 because for some reason the school is determined to make all their students do 3 but I still cant do ICT because it clashes with another subject. I went today to my second software development class and I hate it, the teacher doesnt know what shes doing and the class is seriously disruptive, i wnt be able to pass the subject with that class. I don't know what to do, i cant stand the thought of doing that subject again. Should I try changing it to media? is media even that impressive. I don't know what to do
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Hello! I've moved this to the ICT/Computing forum now- so you should get more replies here. :smile:

Sounds like such an annoying situation! If there's timetable clashes between ICT and another subject, can't you drop the subject it clashes with? Or is that not an option?

I'd try and go back to your tutor and explain again- it's not particularly fair to deprive you of the subjects you want to do if you were give incorrect information about ICT and software development. :s-smilie:

Also- in regards to media; you shouldn't have to take it because you feel like it's a slightly less awful option than what you're currently doing.

Good luck!! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending