The Student Room Group

why Muslims?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cookiemunch
there are approximately 1.6 billion (21% approx.) Muslims in the world and only a minority - around 3% would actually be considered to be extremists or related to terrorism

[video="youtube;Ry3NzkAOo3s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s[/video]
Reply 41
Original post by Rat_Bag
Actually a great many ex Muslims strive to improve people in their own situation, or who want to make the transition, and also want to strive to create a society where they are accepted and tolerated, not reviled and ostracised (which is the case now, in both Muslim countries, and the West)

I respect anyone who leaves the religion if they respect my religion and me back, nothing personal against it. Everyone follows their own path to whatever it is they're seeking, but to constantly try to bring down people of that faith shows there's a personal problem with that person, something left unsaid, or you either feel that everyone is lost and needs to be found but no we're content or at least i am.

If you want to be tolerated for leaving Islam you should tolerate people who choose Islam too because last time i checked i was in no way shape or form promoting hatred against Non-Muslims or Ex-Muslims, i want to live and let live.
That's all i have to say
Reply 42
Original post by Ghaniza
I respect anyone who leaves the religion if they respect my religion and me back, nothing personal against it. Everyone follows their own path to whatever it is they're seeking, but to constantly try to bring down people of that faith shows there's a personal problem with that person, something left unsaid, or you either feel that everyone is lost and needs to be found but no we're content or at least i am.

I don't respect your religion because your religion is hateful and divisive, splitting humanity on sectarian grounds, inciting hatred and murder of free thinkers, apostates and homosexuals, denigrating women, endorsing slavery, and overall being a nasty piece of work.

I can't respect it on an intellectual level, since its scriptures contain such embarrassing nonsense, such as recommendations to drink camels' urine, the magical protection of eating 7 dates in the morning, and a claim that one of a housefly's wings is diseases whilst the other has cure for disease.

And I can't respect you since when you don't get your way, you get emotional and start shouting and insulting people.

Original post by Ghaniza

If you want to be tolerated for leaving Islam you should tolerate people who choose Islam too because last time i checked i was in no way shape or form promoting hatred against Non-Muslims or Ex-Muslims, i want to live and let live.
That's all i have to say

I respect the right of Muslims to believe and practice their religion.

I also have the right to criticise their religion, on the grounds that it is hateful and causes lots of problems
Original post by Ghaniza
LEAVE ME ALONE damnnn you find your way in every 'Islam' related topic and then reply to me, obsessed with islam?
I don't want to reply to you because it's non constructive

bye asf

I'm not sure if this was intentional or not? I really hope it was, as that would show good humour.
Reply 44
Original post by Rat_Bag
I don't respect your religion because your religion is hateful and divisive, splitting humanity on sectarian grounds, inciting hatred and murder of free thinkers, apostates and homosexuals, denigrating women, endorsing slavery, and overall being a nasty piece of work.

I can't respect it on an intellectual level, since its scriptures contain such embarrassing nonsense, such as recommendations to drink camels' urine, the magical protection of eating 7 dates in the morning, and a claim that one of a housefly's wings is diseases whilst the other has cure for disease.

And I can't respect you since when you don't get your way, you get emotional and start shouting and insulting people.

I respect the right of Muslims to believe and practice their religion.

I also have the right to criticise their religion, on the grounds that it is hateful and causes lots of problems

For eg If i knew something that's special to you and made personal attacks on it, how'd you react..
After being civilized with you I've come to this conclusion that you are deeply hurt by something personal and you give yourself therapy through spreading hatred on that one thing that gave you misery.

I am not even being emotional right now, you are, the only difference is i react differently and you react differently, i thought my post would end this but you have shown you have some personal issues to deal with alone before getting to that stage, many ex-muslims take their anger out on the religion i know because i've met one, they despise it because of the emotional effect it had on them from family etc, whatever it is, you can stop replying to me in any thread that would be great thanks because this is a headache.

I don't care to be argued with as i said it is no benefit to me. Bye
Reply 45
Original post by The Epicurean
I'm not sure if this was intentional or not? I really hope it was, as that would show good humour.

Not sure at exactly what you're pointing at or out?
Original post by The_Internet
I'd like to think of these people as the vocal minority. They hide behind "Oh actually I hate Islam; not Muslims" when in another post theyre saying how much they hate Muslims and how terrible Muslims are..

Not me I'm consistent
Original post by Rat_Bag
What?!? How far Muslims have come? By today's standards, Muslims are the most backward of the 6 main religions

Is that why we have many many many people converting to our religio?

Even emanuel Adebayor converted to Islam mate, along with many other footballers. Because they know that Islam is the only true religion
Original post by Waqar Khanny

Even emanuel Adebayor converted to Islam mate, along with many other footballers. Because they know that Islam is the only true religion

More people are leaving than joining in the west.

But as we know the threat of death is a powerful incentive not to leave but simply go along with the flow

But the exodus of muslims fleeing muslim lands and trying ot get into non muslim lands should tell you how well islam is doing
Reply 49
Original post by Ghaniza
For eg If i knew something that's special to you and made personal attacks on it, how'd you react..

I wouldn't care.

Original post by Ghaniza

After being civilized with you I've come to this conclusion that you are deeply hurt by something personal and you give yourself therapy through spreading hatred on that one thing that gave you misery.

Objectively analysed, Islam spreads hate, division, suffering and animosity. In the same way I speak out against racism and fascism, I speak out again Islam.

The problem here isn't me pointing out the inherent problems of Islam, the problem if you attaching yourself to a hateful, bigoted and divisive ideology.

You need to stop blaming others for problems that are associated with yourself.

Original post by Ghaniza

I am not even being emotional right now, you are, the only difference is i react differently and you react differently, i thought my post would end this but you have shown you have some personal issues to deal with alone before getting to that stage, many ex-muslims take their anger out on the religion i know because i've met one, they despise it because of the emotional effect it had on them from family etc, whatever it is, you can stop replying to me in any thread that would be great thanks because this is a headache.

And this is the crux of your hypocrisy. You demand people don't reply to you but write long replies encouraging a reply.

Everything seems to have to be on your terms. You come across as a very spoilt brat. All this shouting, all this anger, and this lashing out and making everything personal.

Original post by Ghaniza

I don't care to be argued with as i said it is no benefit to me. Bye

And this is it again. It's all "me me me".
Reply 50

Yeah, prisoners, sex offenders, terrorists and misfits generally.

Islam sucks up the trash of our society, whilst the diamonds leave Islam. It's why the ummah is collapsing under the weight of violence, hate and sectarianism.

Wow, a footballer converted to Islam! Are you so suggestible and easily convinced that because a celebrity (that co-incidentally I've never heard of) converted to Islam, that it somehow re-affirms you faith? Wow, your emaan must be really weak.
Original post by cookiemunch
I'm new to TSR and just happened to see (at first glance so correct me if i'm wrong) there is a lot of hate regarding Muslims?

I would think its because of the chain of events mentioned in the media on regular basis?
Although, in all honesty if you looked from a wider perspective you'd know that there are approximately 1.6 billion (21% approx.) Muslims in the world and only a minority - around 3% would actually be considered to be extremists or related to terrorism.

so... why so much hate?

Muslims.. how do you feel about this??

Just out of interest, would this issue ever deter you from using this website? I imagine loads of people visit the website for the first time only to see those kinds of thread on the front page and probably never return again.

I think all threads from the chat (usually just nonsensical rubbish) and religion forum (nothing wrong with debate but most of the time it really isn't) sections should be kept off the front page.
Reply 52
Original post by Rat_Bag
Are these examples based in first hand experiences? Or what you have read on websites?

these are from tv and internet.
But I met many immigrants who behaved like savage and I wrote about it in some other thread but the post got deleted.
Reply 53
Original post by Nottie
these are from tv and internet.

So may not reflect reality then

Original post by Nottie
But I met many immigrants who behaved like savage and I wrote about it in some other thread but the post got deleted.

So just anecdotal then. Doesn't mean anything
It might be something to do with the global march of Islam, scores of countries affected and thousands of people killed annually.

Not to mention things like forced marriages, acid attacks, honour killings, treatment of minorities, treatment of women and general dreadful acts committed in the name of Islam.

All with very little in the way of protest by fellow Muslims.
Reply 55
Original post by Rat_Bag
So may not reflect reality then

So just anecdotal then. Doesn't mean anything

May as well reflect it.
The war in Syria has been going on for years now...why they only run away now?
Reply 56
Original post by Nottie
May as well reflect it.

But you don't know

Original post by Nottie

The war in Syria has been going on for years now...why they only run away now?

Because even the former safe havens within it are becoming unlivable in. And many people are tired. And most of the refugees are not Syrian, but a mixture of Eritreans, Afghans, Iraqis, and others
Original post by Starvation13
It's because the level of salt is unprecedented.

"why repeat pointless things?" because if you ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer. You see a new hate on muslim thread everyday, so why should I change my response to their idiotic threads?

But I don't think you know what I mean when I speak of the salt.

You need help.. Honestly.
Original post by LockHeedS
It might be something to do with the global march of Islam, scores of countries affected and thousands of people killed annually.

Not to mention things like forced marriages, acid attacks, honour killings, treatment of minorities, treatment of women and general dreadful acts committed in the name of Islam.

All with very little in the way of protest by fellow Muslims.

Forced marriages is a cultural problem not a religious problem. Get your facts on point son.
Reply 59
Original post by Rat_Bag
But you don't know

Because even the former safe havens within it are becoming unlivable in. And many people are tired. And most of the refugees are not Syrian, but a mixture of Eritreans, Afghans, Iraqis, and others

around 57% of them are syrians. And they caused that war for themselves...they cant solve conflicts peacefully even with its own kind! Do you think they will adapt to European culture? Im pretty sure large amount of them wont even try. I dont blame them though, if I can get a decent house and money for doing nothing I wouldnt bother either.
Accepting them is fine but under strict rules. They are humans and somebody needs to help them. If countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar (or even Israel) dont want when they are rich enough and their religion should obligate them to do so, then we should be more wary about what we do too.

Quick Reply