The Student Room Group

London Taster Courses

Okay so I officially got rejected today from both of my choices to study a 5-day medicine course at Kings and St. Georges :frown: I felt like crying! It just makes me think that all these rejections are just preparing me for getting a rejection to study medicine next year :frown: :frown: :frown: It's my dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What am I gonna do?! Ne 1 in the same boat who got rejected from the london taster courses?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
shenzys
Okay so I officially got rejected today from both of my choices to study a 5-day medicine course at Kings and St. Georges :frown: I felt like crying! It just makes me think that all these rejections are just preparing me for getting a rejection to study medicine next year :frown: :frown: :frown: It's my dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What am I gonna do?! Ne 1 in the same boat who got rejected from the london taster courses?

dont be down because i applied 4 the kings taster course last year. they said NO.:frown: but like a day before it started they phoned me 2 say that they got a free space.:biggrin: all worked out n use that 2 get into contact wid some grads n doctors. :biggrin: bec of that i got a work placement at st thomas hospital:biggrin:

n i no it can be scary
:eek4:
Reply 2
Yeah i got rejected from St. Georges open day...your crying over that?? :s-smilie: jesus
Reply 3
i got rejected from two places including kings college :biggrin:
Reply 4
No I didn't cry-I felt like crying! Its because I just thought that this rejection is a way to help me deal with medeicine rejections...Ok i know im exxagerating but oh well.
By the way everyone is saying they're rejected even all ma m8s soooo...hu got in???!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
i got rejected from both and the ucl dick whittington school last year, i am feeling excatly what you described shenzys i kept thinking if they don't want me now they won't want me later but in the end its just a taster course more aimed at those who aren't sure but you are!!:smile:
oh and by the way they chose the people in a lottery so it was random they didn't reject you on purpose :smile:
Reply 6
shenzys

sorry but this makes for hilarious reading..........LOL!
Getting rejected from those is nothing like being rejected from a medical school!
Reply 8
Woah Philosoraptor are you a gapper? Or just extremely good for your unconditional! :wink:
Reply 9
f_debelder
Woah Philosoraptor are you a gapper? Or just extremely good for your unconditional! :wink:

Lol! That's what I thought! Very Very Very Lucky he is!!!!
Or, he already has the grades.
Yes I'm on a grap year (crap+gap remember!) , but doing more A-levels in it! And yes I already have the grades, I've already done the hard work, this is just sort of a nothing period at the moment whilst I wait for Uni! It's killing me though the waiting!
Reply 12
Philosoraptor, you've got the unconditional offer, just drop the studies and go travelling or something. You've got one of the best opportunities of your life to do whatever it is that you enjoy, but instead you're wasting it studying for A-levels you don't need.

If you were enjoying the A-levels, I would understand you sticking at them, but as you've said it's a grap year atm so why not do something about it?
Aaah, shall I finally enlighten you with the details of my "unconditional" offer :p:. Basically I asked UCL, and I HAVE to do the subjects listed in my UCAS form, as it's a contract. They are giving me an offer subject to what I have stated on my form. If I were to even drop one subject (at alone them all) they said they'd be under no obligation to accept me. They also said, the fact I'm studying a language at the moment for example, could have given me extra support for my form. ( I did History A level so its not like thats my only non science). So far so good right? All I have to do is sit this god-forsaken A levels and it all good? WRONG :p: I am doing Biology A2 now, but if say I flopped (not going to happen but still...) and wanted to decline it to meet their requirements (have an A at AS) I'd actually also break my offer because I'd be changing my form, so I still have to get B at A2 Level. If you read all that you are 1) a legend 2) aware of this silly "unconditional" offer :p:.
Reply 14
Oh dear, looks like you are stuck on your grap year - That's a brilliant phrase btw:biggrin:
Hehe , thanks. I'd much rather be in Germany personally at the moment!!
On the other hand, to you others who don't get onto the taster courses! Don't worry - makes little difference to your application.
Reply 16
Im really shocked i thought alot of people didn't get into the 5 day courses. I got into the st georges 5 day one, seeing this its seems that i was just lucky. I don't think it helps too much but it doesn't hurt to say you did it! Did anyone get into any of the medicine one day courses, i got into "materials in medicine", but not in "An insight into the work of doctors" and another one in st marys.
Reply 17
petzneo
Im really shocked i thought alot of people didn't get into the 5 day courses. I got into the st georges 5 day one, seeing this its seems that i was just lucky. I don't think it helps too much but it doesn't hurt to say you did it! Did anyone get into any of the medicine one day courses, i got into "materials in medicine", but not in "An insight into the work of doctors" and another one in st marys.

Okay, is it just me or does that not seem fair!!!??? You got into both the 5 day course and the one day course!!!!??? :mad: :mad: :mad: Not mad at you but the stupid london taster people-they don't even know how to distribute places EQUALLY!!!! ARGH!!!!!:mad:
Reply 18
petzneo

I just helped out at "An insight into the work of doctors" - showing peeps how to take blood. It was great fun! And I got a 100% success rate! If only patients were that easy to bleed...
Reply 19
shenzys
Okay, is it just me or does that not seem fair!!!??? You got into both the 5 day course and the one day course!!!!??? :mad: :mad: :mad: Not mad at you but the stupid london taster people-they don't even know how to distribute places EQUALLY!!!! ARGH!!!!!:mad:

The 'materials in medicine' course is not a medical taster - it is about bioengineering and materials... It's a taster for their biomedical engineering degree...

Latest

Trending

Trending