The Student Room Group

Dazzlas Velocity Diet (One that will actually be finished)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dazzzzzla

I slacked, slacked so hard and was up to over 20% bodyfat. I have never been about 15% in my life ha. (Don't have kids if you are lifting, only joking - best thing that ever happened)

i know the feeling i was around 23% bf before now i'm at 10% although im still trying to break 10 and get to like 8-9 then lean bulk :ahee:
Reply 41
Original post by RollerBall
Nothing wrong with training for aesthetics. Training goals and what motivates people are personal things.

Very few people who go to the gym will/want to step on stage or the platform, so **** 'em.

This is from somebody who trains pretty much solely for stength too.

EDIT: It's pretty hard to evaluate squat form from a front angle but look legit. Nevermind, just watched 100kg - only really looked at depth because I'm on a bus but looks good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely - we all have different goals, but I play football, so want to remain as explosive, and mobile as I can. I would prefer to be smaller, with sheer strength than huge with strength, just a personal preference though.

Very true - as long as we are comfortable inside our own body, no one can say ****. No matter what shape you are in - people will always find something negative to say.

Depth is what I believe restricts me from adding weight to my squats. I tried 130kg two weeks ago and got 1 rep out - went for the second, couldn't get up! Haha. ATG squats are my favourite though.

Whats your training like?
Reply 42
Original post by a10
i know the feeling i was around 23% bf before now i'm at 10% although im still trying to break 10 and get to like 8-9 then lean bulk :ahee:

Congrats man, thats awesome! I have the same plan but I am now around 18% - I don't feel like I am that high though (was a machine) - I have calipers on order.

Your diet must be pretty good?
Reply 43
Congrats man, thats awesome! I have the same plan but I am now around 18% - I don't feel like I am that high though (was a machine) - I have calipers on order.

Haha thanks! Yeah I'm never letting myself get to that bf again not fun!

Your diet must be pretty good?

Define "good" :ahee:

I eat whatever I want mostly (I just make sure im eating enough protein) and I don't track calories either.

I also stopped squatting and deadlifting and after my cut i will not be squatting anymore i'll probably cut out deadlifts too....my legs are already a decent size and i don't want bulky tree legs as im trying to become more aesthetic lol
Depth is what I believe restricts me from adding weight to my squats. I tried 130kg two weeks ago and got 1 rep out - went for the second, couldn't get up! Haha. ATG squats are my favourite though.

Have you ever considered or tried pause squats? I know everyone is different and will respond to things in different ways but they always help me get past plateaus. They (as far as I'm aware) remove the myotatic reflex and so put all the emphasis on power out of the hole.
Reply 45
Original post by a10
Haha thanks! Yeah I'm never letting myself get to that bf again not fun!

Define "good" :ahee:

I eat whatever I want mostly (I just make sure im eating enough protein) and I don't track calories either.

I also stopped squatting and deadlifting and after my cut i will not be squatting anymore i'll probably cut out deadlifts too....my legs are already a decent size and i don't want bulky tree legs as im trying to become more aesthetic lol

Yeah I am with you entirely! (well once I get low enough haha)

Well, to be fair - I used to be the same and I was ripped (talking 2 years ago). You are lucky enough to be able to eat what you want.

How comes you will cut squats/deadlifts - they're probably the two most vital compounds that hit more muscles than any other exercise. I wouldn't cut them out - I would suggest doing a different rep range? Focus on strength/endurance. I was watching this dude squat 100kg for 4 minutes.... (with many pauses, but that is amazing). I can imagine the lactic acid build up he had and the DOMS he faced for the next week. You probably already are aesthetic!
Reply 46
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Have you ever considered or tried pause squats? I know everyone is different and will respond to things in different ways but they always help me get past plateaus. They (as far as I'm aware) remove the myotatic reflex and so put all the emphasis on power out of the hole.

I have tried them in the past when I had knee issues - but only to prevent the stretch reflex of a sudden movement once the squat was eccentrically reached.

I will actually probably work on some pauses next session on my squats. I will keep you posted/upload a video or two.

Thanks for the advice.
Reply 47
Yeah I am with you entirely! (well once I get low enough haha)

Well, to be fair - I used to be the same and I was ripped (talking 2 years ago). You are lucky enough to be able to eat what you want.

How comes you will cut squats/deadlifts - they're probably the two most vital compounds that hit more muscles than any other exercise. I wouldn't cut them out - I would suggest doing a different rep range? Focus on strength/endurance. I was watching this dude squat 100kg for 4 minutes.... (with many pauses, but that is amazing). I can imagine the lactic acid build up he had and the DOMS he faced for the next week. You probably already are aesthetic!

I saw that video, Brutal!!!!! I thought 2 sets of 15 reps was bad **** me :lol:

Rep range doesn't matter as your legs can still grow if you're focusing on low reps also. I have good leg genetics...I can't even squat 3 plates yet (my all time PR is 130kg ATG for 2 reps while still on a cut at 74kg some weeks ago). I already have like 25 inch legs and don't want that 'outer quad sweep' it ruins the look if you're going for aesthetics and wearing good fitting jeans starts being a serious problem with bulky legs :rofl:

Instead I'm just switching my focus to doing dynamic leg training for legs instead of barbell squats....so things like pistol squats,jump ability training with box jumps etc and focusing on building up my VMO. For upper body ill just be doing strength training and changing up the exercises for different focus after a period of time.
Absolutely - we all have different goals, but I play football, so want to remain as explosive, and mobile as I can. I would prefer to be smaller, with sheer strength than huge with strength, just a personal preference though.

Very true - as long as we are comfortable inside our own body, no one can say ****. No matter what shape you are in - people will always find something negative to say.

ye ok ...
Reply 49
Original post by a10
I saw that video, Brutal!!!!! I thought 2 sets of 15 reps was bad **** me :lol:

Rep range doesn't matter as your legs can still grow if you're focusing on low reps also. I have good leg genetics...I can't even squat 3 plates yet (my all time PR is 130kg ATG for 2 reps while still on a cut at 74kg some weeks ago). I already have like 25 inch legs and don't want that 'outer quad sweep' it ruins the look if you're going for aesthetics and wearing good fitting jeans starts being a serious problem with bulky legs :rofl:

Instead I'm just switching my focus to doing dynamic leg training for legs instead of barbell squats....so things like pistol squats,jump ability training with box jumps etc and focusing on building up my VMO. For upper body ill just be doing strength training and changing up the exercises for different focus after a period of time.

I know, I felt it for him.

Yeah, muscle growth is inevitable really - I would probably still add them in a different kind of way.

Well at least you aren't one of those hard leg gainers. Good PR though - especially for your bodyweight. Yeah that is true - there is a dude on here that I saw had unhuman like leg/glute genetics. He said he does not wear jeans anymore haha. I would hate that.

Sounds like you got it figured out. Plyo work is always fun. I remember when I went to Panthers gym in London and there was this scottish guy there - who was a pro NFL player, was squatting over 200 (partial, explosive reps) and he was doing this wall jumps - my god, white men can't jump? - I called bull****! He was impressive.

Sad at the moment, coming back from injury. Light, moderate volume stuff. Can't squat properly, can't dead lift, have to be careful with bench.

Basically just two upper/one lower a week which revolves around not making my neck/shoulder die. Pretty much training and looking like Justin Beiber smh
Reply 51
Original post by RollerBall
Sad at the moment, coming back from injury. Light, moderate volume stuff. Can't squat properly, can't dead lift, have to be careful with bench.

Basically just two upper/one lower a week which revolves around not making my neck/shoulder die. Pretty much training and looking like Justin Beiber smh

Always a tough one to do. At Least you are on a path now that is getting you back into it.

LOL Justin Bieber - as long as you do not have that ridiculous blonde hair? You're doing just fine!
Reply 52
Original post by monsterzero
ye ok ...

Ye ok what?
Reply 53

Sounds like you got it figured out. Plyo work is always fun. I remember when I went to Panthers gym in London and there was this scottish guy there - who was a pro NFL player, was squatting over 200 (partial, explosive reps) and he was doing this wall jumps - my god, white men can't jump? - I called bull****! He was impressive.

Dayumn I'm mirin! I want to be an atheletic badass it's just cool to be able to jump crazy heights and be strong relative to your bodyweight etc IMO :biggrin:

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress....don't give up and it's okay to **** up diet once in a while too so don't beat yourself up :wink:
Ye ok what?

that depth is why your squats are lagging behind your bench

just to clarify;

your DB flat bench is 50kg for how many reps?

what is your flat barbell bench?
Reply 55

just to clarify;

who cares?
Original post by a10
who cares?

because Dazzla is stating, it's his depth and superior form that a dazzla 120kg is like a regular 180 (in his mind)
Reply 57

just to clarify;

Did I say that is the reason it's lagging behind my bench?

Mate, I will, just because you seem like a tool, will post a video up on Wednesday where I will do my 1rm for a squat - with full depth. & I will do it so I am parallel - and see if I can get more weight up: I bet you my life that I will get my 1rm +10kg more.

My dumbell bench is 50kg - each arm (100kg) for 4 sets of 5,4,4,4 - This was Monday. I go to failure in each set.

My flat barbell bench (which I rarely do - as I prefer dumbells) is the equivalent sets and reps for 110kg. I don't have a spotter so I don't go as heavy on this.
Reply 58
because Dazzla is stating, it's his depth and superior form that a dazzla 120kg is like a regular 180 (in his mind)

Did I say that?

I just stated I would do a 1RM (maybe 135) and 10kg more - so 145kg - Parallel - just for you Monster.
Reply 59
Original post by a10
Dayumn I'm mirin! I want to be an atheletic badass it's just cool to be able to jump crazy heights and be strong relative to your bodyweight etc IMO :biggrin:

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress....don't give up and it's okay to **** up diet once in a while too so don't beat yourself up :wink:

I couldn't stop watching him - lapping it up. Sounds quite gay really haha. I think (personally to me) that his explosive strength/plyo jumps, is more impressive than anything else.

Cheers, I am trying to upload a video of how I am making my shakes, and what products I am using - for peoples clarity and peace of mind that I'm not talking crap about it haha. I have actually been strict (bar some garlic crackers earlier) :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest