The Student Room Group

Dazzlas Velocity Diet (One that will actually be finished)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dazzzzzla
I knew you'd jump on the bandwagon.

Well done mate, you done great - none of you ****ers ever say **** like that. Thats why I piss you all off all the time.

EDIT - Pics will be up on day 32. (4 days added on to the initial 28)

You're an interesting one lol

https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=bioimpedance+accuracy+&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1

There's plenty of studies to say bioimpedance only give a measurrment to within 10% accuracy at best

Hence I would rather look at before/after pictures then just data

That's not to say you haven't lost bodyfat, just curious to see what it looks visually
Reply 121
Original post by Slipandsquirm
Sweet Lol.

But now I see everything - just saw the bench press thread.

Lol what does that even mean?

You see everything? Whats your analysis...
Reply 122
Original post by monsterzero
You're an interesting one lol

https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=bioimpedance+accuracy+&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1

There's plenty of studies to say bioimpedance only give a measurrment to within 10% accuracy at best

Hence I would rather look at before/after pictures then just data

That's not to say you haven't lost bodyfat, just curious to see what it looks visually

I know what you are saying and I agree.

Thats why I have said previously that I will use calipers.

Photos will be intresting
Reply 123
Being on this site is like telling someone 2+2=4, yet, they always believe it is 5. No matter what you do or say - they are stuck in their own stupidity that exists in their one-dimensional mind.

I have qualifications and experience, more so than the majority of this site... yet people persistently call me out on them. These same people go to the gym and have bad ROM (claim it is arbitrary), bad knowledge, bad habits, bad conception on training and they give their bad advice to others and create more dumb, idiotic, naive and ignorant people.

Lifting weights is not a complex area, and it is not by any means for the one dimensional minded ****s that I have come across on this site. It is a science, but it is a simple one. You lift a weight, your muscles contract, you lower the weight, you rest, you do exercises that hit different parts of a muscle - you rest, eat well and grow.

It is simply called - Smart training. Although, you do have to have more than one brain cell to take advice in a positive way.

Nutrition is also a non complex area. A little grey, but it is straightforward.

Blah blah blah..

I also said that Casein Protein is better than Whey protein for this shake diet. I have put my money where my mouth is and the next two weeks will consist of Whey. Of Course, this replaces the Casein. I want first hand experience on what effect it will have on me - personally.
Has something new occurred or a general rant ?
Reply 125
Original post by monsterzero
Has something new occurred or a general rant ?

In the novice lifting thread.

Also - just a general rant.

People who have no experience, nor critical thinking to be able to take new, correct information on board.

Like I said - if I said your bicep is in your upper arm - people would disagree. Their 'mates' will then jump on my dick about it.
What're your best tips for stretching the pecs, particularly the pec minor, to reduce rounded, internally rotated shoulders and head forward position?
Reply 127
Original post by Smack
What're your best tips for stretching the pecs, particularly the pec minor, to reduce rounded, internally rotated shoulders and head forward position?

If you have rounded, internally rotated shoulders - I would suggest you work on strengthening your Rotator Cuff, Rhomboids and your Trapezius. I would further suggest you stretch your Pec major, Minor and your deltoids.

I would primarily focus on my rotator cuff though, this is somewhat, an unused muscle when it comes to many trainers.

Are you asking for specific stretches?

If you have a training partner, or someone who can help you (assisted stretch) I would PNF my Chest!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dazzzzzla
Are you asking for specific stretches?

Yes.

If you have a training partner, or someone who can help you (assisted stretch) I would PNF my Chest!

Sometimes there are people who could assist. How would I go about doing this?
Reply 129
Original post by Smack

Can I jump in because I'm nosey?

Pec minor anteriorly tilts the scapula which is the type of 'rounding' of the shoulder you want to watch out for most.

Pec minor depresses the shoulder (by anteriorly tilting too) and so to stretch it you will need to elevate or shrug. There is a video on YouTube of a physiotherapist class where the tutor is going over revision for certain stretches and he touches on how the pec minor is essentially to be stretched similarly to the pec major but with elevation.

For forward head posture, most commonly it is due to upper cross syndrome

http://www.muscleimbalancesyndromes.com/janda-syndromes/upper-crossed-syndrome/You'll want to stretch your upper traps and levator scapulae as well to help with posture. Rhomboids are good to work but the real prince is the lower trap - it is essentially the rival to the Pec minor and posteriorly tilts the scapula. Good lower trap exercises include DB rows but the two which stand out for targeting them more so than upper traps would be the prone trap raise (Eric Cressey's favourite) and the W exercise. Another thing for the posture is to have a tucked chin. Think of flexing the muscles at the front of your chin together so that the back of your head is aligned with the back of your neck. This should take care of the forward head straight away but will be out muscled by the stronger traps and levator. Quick comment on rotator cuff as well (remember this has nothing to do with posture) don't forget the subscapularis. It is an internal rotator but importantly it depresses the humeral head (in essence it teams with the external rotators to work against the pull of the deltoids which pull the humeral head into the socket) You want to work the Subscap with no Lat or chest involvement (or youll be increasing the internal rotation) starting at 90 degress abduction (similarl to the bottom of a DB shoulder press) and then internally rotating does this well (but keeping the lat and Pec out of the exercise while targeting the muscle well) http://www.physprac.com/the-best-exercise-for-subscapularis/
Reply 131
Just weighed oneself now as I didn't this morning. Just ate and drank a fair bit.

Weighed in at 83.9. Going down - that's for sure.

I also just collaged a photo (6 weeks ago) and this evening. I must say - one hell of a difference.

You have to wait until I finish the diet, though :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest