The Student Room Group

Could someone PLEASE tell me how an interview panel is like at QMUL?

I'm really nervous if I end up getting an interview.
I'm even more nervous because there's more people.
Would each candidate speak at a time or would we talk to the tutors individually?
And more importantly, how do I get rid of a shaky voice, and sound confident and not go blank.
I'm afraid that all my hard work would not pay off all because my nerves..
Is there anyone here in QMUL .. Please tell me how the interview was.:frown:
Original post by Evens Beaute
I'm really nervous if I end up getting an interview.
I'm even more nervous because there's more people.
Would each candidate speak at a time or would we talk to the tutors individually?
And more importantly, how do I get rid of a shaky voice, and sound confident and not go blank.
I'm afraid that all my hard work would not pay off all because my nerves..
Is there anyone here in QMUL .. Please tell me how the interview was.:frown:

You walk in, a few people ask you some questions, you attempt to answer them, then you walk out.

Pretty straight forward.
Reply 2
This is what a 4th year Dental student at QMUL said in his AMA thread:

Original post by Kartace
The interview was very relaxed, there are 3 people on the panel (2 dental professionals and a student, which might even be me!)Before the interview you are shown a video with a dental scenario which you will be questioned on in your interview. They will also ask some standard questions about your personal statement and work experience etc.I'm not sure what you mean by "would each candidate speak at a time", I might suggest improving your written communication skills at the very least prior to your application. However, each candidate has a 20-30 minute interview in a room with 5/6 other applicants but you will be in a private section of your own so you shouldn't be able to see/be disturbed by the other candidates speaking etc.

Quick Reply

Latest