The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire University applicants for 2016 entry chat thread

Hey everyone,

Who is applying for Staffs this year? You can chat to each other in this thread :smile: Here's a couple of ice-breaker questions to start us off:

What course will you be applying for?
Where else are you thinking of applying to?
How are you feeling about starting uni?
When are you going to an open day?

You can also check out our FAQ thread on TSR here which should be really useful.

Looking forwards to seeing you all next year!

Katie
:h:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi everyone I'm Emma...anybody thinking of applying for biomedical science for 2016?? X
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by emma5324
hi everyone I'm Emma...anybody thinking of applying for biomedical science for 2016?? X

Hey Emma,

Thought I'd pop in and say hello :smile:

That's fab to hear you considering us for biomedical science. How's everything going? Have you started drafting your personal statement or come to an open day yet? If you have any questions just let me know, happy to answer them for you :h:
Reply 3
I'm torn between biomed and children's nursing! I need get more advice and info re: Entry requirements before I make a finally decision...i registered on ucas yesterday but haven't started my statement just yet...
I'm torn between biomed and children's nursing! I need get more advice and info re: Entry requirements before I make a finally decision...i registered on ucas yesterday but haven't started my statement just yet...

Both are great courses :smile: Have you been or thought about coming to an open day to talk to the tutors and students that have experiences in those kinds of courses?

The Biomed course details are http://www.staffs.ac.uk/course/09C19000.jsp - if you have any questions about the UCAS tariff or entry requirements let me know :smile:

Will also let you know about nursing.

You might not have seen it but there is a 2016 nursing applicant thread in the Nursing and Midwifery forum which you might want to get involved in :smile: It's a good way of sharing tips.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3572649

If you have any questions on getting your personal statement started let me know :h:
Reply 5
I am hoping to attend the open day in October , but I do think ill choose the children's nursing though
I am hoping to attend the open day in October , but I do think ill choose the children's nursing though

Great stuff - I think you'll find it really useful :smile:

All the child nursing info is here - this page is being updated so it won't be live all the time while it's being changed. It is live right now though

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/course/21B97100_B730.jsp

The entry requirements for nursing include GCSEs in English, Maths and Science C or above and UCAS points around 260. It's definitely worth checking out this guide.

Do you have any relevant work experience? :smile:
@burntmerchant
@laurendavies41

Hello, I'm just mentioning you both here as you're both applying next year :h: It's really helpful to chat to other applicants :smile:

As always if you've got any questions feel free to tag or @-mention me :smile:

Katie
Reply 8
so is the children's nursery not based at staffs uno then? I don't think ill be applying if so as I wont be able go Shrewsbury everyday lol
so is the children's nursery not based at staffs uno then? I don't think ill be applying if so as I wont be able go Shrewsbury everyday lol

Hey there,

The Children's Nursing course is located at Shrewsbury Hospital. All our nursing/midwifery courses will either be at Shrewsbury or at our Stafford campus. :smile:

Is there any particular reason why you're worried about getting there - will you be commuting to uni every day? :h:

Katie
Reply 10
ok thanks for letting me know I definitely not be applying to,staffs uni then! Yes I will be commuting but I was kinda hoping it was either at staffs or in Stafford campus lol
I've applied for adult nursing at the Shrewsbury campus. I have already completed a degree at Staffordshire University so hoping I get accepted second time round.
Reply 12
Original post by Sophie1992
I've applied for adult nursing at the Shrewsbury campus. I have already completed a degree at Staffordshire University so hoping I get accepted second time round.

good luck hope u manage get in 😊
good luck hope u manage get in 😊

Thank you
Original post by Sophie1992

That's great to hear :smile: Fingers crossed! I've seen you've made a thread for 2016 adult nursing - thanks for doing that. I've requested it be stickied at the top of the forum as it's a popular course so it will be useful for other people to find it :smile:

Katie
Original post by Staffordshire University
That's great to hear :smile: Fingers crossed! I've seen you've made a thread for 2016 adult nursing - thanks for doing that. I've requested it be stickied at the top of the forum as it's a popular course so it will be useful for other people to find it :smile:

Katie

Thank you :smile:
Hi people I'm hoping to apply for law at Staffs is there anyone else in the same boat as me?:smile:
Original post by here's.hoping
Hi people I'm hoping to apply for law at Staffs is there anyone else in the same boat as me?:smile:

Heya,

Really exciting to hear that you're applying to Staffs. :h: How is everything coming along with your application so far? :smile: If you need any help with anything, let me know.

Have you booked an open day yet?

Katie
Hi Katie,

Everything is fine so far thanks for asking, I've actually just sent my application off to UCAS two days ago and yes I have been to an open day already.

:smile:
Original post by here's.hoping
Hi Katie,

Everything is fine so far thanks for asking, I've actually just sent my application off to UCAS two days ago and yes I have been to an open day already.

:smile:

That's great to hear :smile: Sounds like you're well organised! Fingers crossed for your application now. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending