The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN Adult Nursing March 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nhuss102
Hi after reading the chat I was wondering if you have heard back from UCLAN I have been invited to sit a numeracy/ literacy and a nursing knowledge test im very nervous. !!!

Hi! :smile: Just wondering when yours is?

I have mine on the 25th November 12.30-4.30 - I really want to know what will be covered in the "nursing knowledge test" ! :frown:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by Sash92
Hi! Oh fab, first step towards getting a place- well done! No I've not heard back, I sent my application off on 15th September! When did you hear from them? I am getting so anxious!

Don't panic too much - my sister send her application off only a week or so after mine and she hasn't heard back either, UCLan get so many applicants it probably takes them ages to allocate test days/interviews :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by hollypopz92
Don't panic too much - my sister send her application off only a week or so after mine and she hasn't heard back either, UCLan get so many applicants it probably takes them ages to allocate test days/interviews :smile:

Ah really! Im hoping I'll hear tomorrow. I said to my friend on the weekend that I thought they'd start sending interview/test invitations out this week. Fingers crossed! 😊
Same I wanted to send it off right at the beginning so I sent mine off on 15th and I heard back from them yesterday. Thankyou and so was I dw you will hear soon im just preparing for the next step. It's a little hard cause I can't seem to find anyone for advice
Original post by hollypopz92
Hi! :smile: Just wondering when yours is?

I have mine on the 25th November 12.30-4.30 - I really want to know what will be covered in the "nursing knowledge test" ! :frown:

Hiii nd finally well done for getting through the first stage !! I have the same question I have no idea what it is or how to prepare for it at all. Im so nervous as it is as in the past my weakness has been my maths.But this Knowledge test will really knock me back. And my date is the 13 of November but as I have an exam that day, I have rearranged it but will hear back on monday for the next available date.
Original post by sarahjb91
Oh good luck too. 😊 What field did you apply for, when did you send your application and when did you get your invite?

Hi Sarah,
I am applying for Mental Health Nursing
I sent it last month and I got a invite on Monday
Reply 66
Does anyone have any idea of what the literacy/nursing knowledge test will entail?? It's so vague on the email 😔😔😔
Original post by hanna_h
Does anyone have any idea of what the literacy/nursing knowledge test will entail?? It's so vague on the email 😔😔😔

It really is I was hoping to contact them to get some more information. I will let uno if they provide anymore details
Original post by hanna_h

Original post by Nhuss102
It really is I was hoping to contact them to get some more information. I will let uno if they provide anymore details

I very much doubt they will give you further information- someone asked about the literacy and numeracy tests at the open day I attended and they said keeping up to date with current nursing issues and going on websites with similar content to BBC Bitesize (I'm guessing like GCSE level) to practice would be a good idea.

Personally I think the literacy/ nursing knowledge is most likely going to be a question about something like the 6 Cs of nursing, NHS core values or what you know about the NMC and code of conduct.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by sarahjb91
I very much doubt they will give you further information- someone asked about the literacy and numeracy tests at the open day I attended and they said keeping up to date with current nursing issues and going on websites with similar content to BBC Bitesize (I'm guessing like GCSE level) to practice would be a good idea.

Personally I think the literacy/ nursing knowledge is most likely going to be a question about something like the 6 Cs of nursing, NHS core values or what you know about the NMC and code of conduct.

Good luck :smile:

Oh really and yes they have said use bitesize and thankyou u too.
Reply 70
Hi, has anyone done the maths and literacy test for pre-registered nursing for March 2016 intake, if so what was it about. Easy or hard? Got a test day in 2 weeks.. Eeek..thanks Jo x
Reply 71
Original post by Lilwopo
Hi, has anyone done the maths and literacy test for pre-registered nursing for March 2016 intake, if so what was it about. Easy or hard? Got a test day in 2 weeks.. Eeek..thanks Jo x

Congrats jo. Don't think they've started yet though. What date is yours??
Original post by Lilwopo

Hi mine was in 2 weeks too but I had to extend and have it later. Please let me know how it goes also remember the nursing knowledge test too . congrats and good luck !!
Hi everyone. I really need some help. I've have the test day on Wednesday like a few of you guys. I've gone to check my emails and the email is gone? I know its 12.30 til 4.30, but I can't remember much else from the email. Is there any chance someone can tell me what we need to bring with us? Is it just pens and a calculator? Also what building is it? I screen shotted the map but not the building. I can't believe it. This sort of thing could only happen to me :-( x
Original post by Nursing hopeful
Hi everyone. I really need some help. I've have the test day on Wednesday like a few of you guys. I've gone to check my emails and the email is gone? I know its 12.30 til 4.30, but I can't remember much else from the email. Is there any chance someone can tell me what we need to bring with us? Is it just pens and a calculator? Also what building is it? I screen shotted the map but not the building. I can't believe it. This sort of thing could only happen to me :-( x

Hey dw dnt panic I will send u a screenshot of it do u have an email?? And good luck
Ah thankyou so much. I'll pvt message it you now. I couldn't believe it when I couldn't find it!!! Xxx
Can anyone tell me more about the Literacy part of the exam tomorrow? panicking and ready to give up :frown: HELP!!!!
Original post by jessicarosexx
Can anyone tell me more about the Literacy part of the exam tomorrow? panicking and ready to give up :frown: HELP!!!!

Stop stressing. It is only to check you can write coherently in English and with fairly decent grammar. Its nothing scary.
Original post by jessicarosexx

Omg good luck research about the role of nursing and what they do as that might cme up as part of the essay. But let me know how it goes dnt stress !!
Has anyone been offered an interview? I passed the maths and English and have an interview tomorrow, I'm so nervous!! No idea what it's going to entail!!

Quick Reply

Latest