The Student Room Group

Nottingham A108 Medicine with a Foundation Year 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sim.c
Glad you are enjoying it. Seems they ease you in gently then by recapping the AS/A2 sciences. How did you find the interview process?

I enjoyed it , they show you around and everything they help you with the interview, of course the first few stations were a bit nerve racking but once you get into a flow its enjoyable, dare I say fun even
Reply 81
Original post by medicinehope
I enjoyed it , they show you around and everything they help you with the interview, of course the first few stations were a bit nerve racking but once you get into a flow its enjoyable, dare I say fun even

Thats reassuring.
Do you remember when you got your offer to interview? Before or after Christmas? Just checking UCAS track and Nottingham Portal daily!

Also if you don't mind me asking what AS grades did you get and did you have much relevant experience prior to getting on the course?
Hey guys,

I've also applied for the Nottingham A108 and i was curious if anyone has received any interviews? Or has anyone got a response after uploading information on to the myNottingham portal.
Reply 83
Original post by 2015-atif
Hey guys,

I've also applied for the Nottingham A108 and i was curious if anyone has received any interviews? Or has anyone got a response after uploading information on to the myNottingham portal.

Nope I haven't, I don't know about anyone else. I called admissions up again and they told me that they "haven't" started giving out interviews, they've only asked some people for further information. Last time I called them they said they had started so I'm not 100% sure but I'm assuming they haven't yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Dunkman
Nope I haven't, I don't know about anyone else. I called admissions up again and they told me that they "haven't" started giving out interviews, they've only asked some people for further information. Last time I called them they said they had started so I'm not 100% sure but I'm assuming they haven't yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the FAQ section for A108 on Nottingham website it says interviews will be in December, Jan & Feb. Results of the Interviews will be made to all applicants by the end of Feb.
Roughly 150 Applicants will be interviewed and 45 offers made.
There are 25 places on the course.

Hope that is helpful if you didn't already know it.
Original post by sim.c
Thats reassuring.
Do you remember when you got your offer to interview? Before or after Christmas? Just checking UCAS track and Nottingham Portal daily!

Also if you don't mind me asking what AS grades did you get and did you have much relevant experience prior to getting on the course?

I got my interview in january and it doesnt come by track it comes dirextly to your email with a link to a event ticket
I got A bio C rs C psychology D chem for AS
And BBC bio rs chem A2
I did some work experience in a GP and hospital
I got my interview in january and it doesnt come by track it comes dirextly to your email with a link to a event ticket
I got A bio C rs C psychology D chem for AS
And BBC bio rs chem A2
I did some work experience in a GP and hospital

If you don't mind me asking, what score did you get according to the scoring system? And could you break this down please?
If you don't mind me asking, what score did you get according to the scoring system? And could you break this down please?

You don find out what score you get, you can only find out interview scores if you were rejected first time round (i wasnt lol)
You don find out what score you get, you can only find out interview scores if you were rejected first time round (i wasnt lol)

I meant the scores for GCSE's and UKCAT
Reply 89
Hi everyone,
Im a current A108 student and I was in your position last year, So if you have any questions fire away.

Hello I was just wondering where do you stay for accommodation. Like are you on campus or not? Because I know that you aren't based at Nottingham for the first year.
I didnt calculate my score because it didnt really tell me anthing but i got 1A* 3As and 5bs and 540 on my ukat (low i know), and interms of accomodation im staying in private housing for my first year but others people in my year are in lonsdale halls and ive been there its okay but you share twoilets with other poeple and i dont really like that, the rooms are quite small aswell but its up to you
does anyone know if rejections have been handed out yet?
cheers
Original post by lisboonpop
does anyone know if rejections have been handed out yet?
cheers

As far as I am aware no rejections have been handed out. However, according to the facebook page Nottingham has, interviews have already started to be handed out :s
Reply 93
As far as I am aware no rejections have been handed out. However, according to the facebook page Nottingham has, interviews have already started to be handed out :s

I think the interviews that have been given out are for the normal A100 not the A108

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dunkman
I think the interviews that have been given out are for the normal A100 not the A108

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just received an email from the university, they are still scoring candidates and invitations for interviews will be given in the new year.
Anyone just get an email indicating the initial scoring process to get an Interview?
Hi everyone,
I've received an email from Nottingham admissions, stating that they'll start giving interview dates for A108 in the new year. It also states that emails will be sent to those applicants.
Hope this helps :smile:
First batch of Interviews to be given out in 3 weeks time!
Reply 98
Hi
Can someone tell me who can apply to this specific medicine course. What are the requirements for applying.
Reply 99
Original post by lisboonpop
First batch of Interviews to be given out in 3 weeks time!

Hey if you don't mind me asking...where did you hear this from?

Quick Reply