The Student Room Group

Barclays Video Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey guys,
how was it? Any news about the Video Interview?
Reply 21
did you do it in the end ? what sort of content did you have
Reply 22
Original post by The Spartan Guy
Hi everyone,

Applying for Barclays Markets and Research division, Quant Analytics role.

After sending them my CV, I received a message from them asking me to sit through a video interview. I have previous experience via skype, with one or more real persons on the other end. However, in this case, they just asked me to click on the link when I am ready and be prepared with a PC equipped with a front facing webcam, microphone etc. I don't think there is going to be a real-time conversation with a person on the other end. Also, they gave absolutely no clue about the content or type of the interview/assessment, whether numerical, situational judgement, or multimedia puzzle, or questions thrown by some bot, there are many possibilities with no clue what to expect.

Has anyone sat through this for Barclays and a hint about what the assessment or interview is about?
Thanks in advance.

P. S. I have also screwed up by mistakenly clicking on the link without being ready. I closed the window immediately without seeing anything, but now it seems the link is dead. Don't know whether they can give me another chance and give me another link. Bad day.

Spartan - can you share some of teh questions you got-
Reply 23
Looks like no one is willing to share his or her experience of video interview with us!
Reply 24
How long did it take for Barclays to get back to you?
Reply 25
an*

maybe if you had better grammar, they'd be more responsive..? just sayin' :wink:
Hi all,

I applied 4 weeks ago but still haven't heard after I submitted my application. Anyone else waiting to hear from an application stage as well?

Thanks
Original post by Summer9393
Hi all,

I applied 4 weeks ago but still haven't heard after I submitted my application. Anyone else waiting to hear from an application stage as well?

Thanks

I applied 4 weeks ago and just got an email to do the online interview.

Additionally I'm currently undergoing my penultimate year and received an email confirming my interest for Barclays Graduate Opportunities. I'm scared that I might have applied for the graduate opportunities (Analyst) instead of the Internship (associate). Could someone who's applied for the associate role please tell me if they received the same? or am I just paranoid?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by benedictblue

Additionally I'm currently undergoing my penultimate year and received an email confirming my interest for Barclays Graduate Opportunities. I'm scared that I might have applied for the graduate opportunities (Analyst) instead of the Internship (associate). Could someone who's applied for the associate role please tell me if they received the same? or am I just paranoid?

If you applied for an associate internship role that is very much the wrong position. You become an associate 3 years after being an analyst or they recruit you out of an MBA. You needed to have applied for the analyst internship.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LMSZ
If you applied for an associate internship role that is very much the wrong position. You become an associate 3 years after being an analyst or they recruit you out of an MBA. You needed to have applied for the analyst internship.

LOL, had a brain fart.... Thanks for the clarification :P
Original post by benedictblue

I also received an invitation for video interview yesterday. Please, could anyone share more about the video interview? Do you have time to think before you answer, are they all competency-based, example questions?
Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi guys, I did the interview about a week ago! Yet to hear back! I can't really remember exact questions but they are a mix of strength and competency based questions. So my advice is to have some examples ready of times you've shown leadership, teamwork etc. But also Google some strength based interview questions...And just have a think about them so you won't be hit with anything too surprising!

In terms of format, there is a video of a woman asking you a question, after which it gives you 15 seconds to 'think about your answer' then starts recording immediately! you have 2 minutes before it stops recording but you can stop the recording anytime after 30 seconds!
You get one practice question at the start which you can watch back and re-record until your happy with it! then about 12 assessed questions I think!
Good Luck guys!
Original post by Fazal.h786
Hi guys, I did the interview about a week ago! Yet to hear back! I can't really remember exact questions but they are a mix of strength and competency based questions. So my advice is to have some examples ready of times you've shown leadership, teamwork etc. But also Google some strength based interview questions...And just have a think about them so you won't be hit with anything too surprising!

In terms of format, there is a video of a woman asking you a question, after which it gives you 15 seconds to 'think about your answer' then starts recording immediately! you have 2 minutes before it stops recording but you can stop the recording anytime after 30 seconds!
You get one practice question at the start which you can watch back and re-record until your happy with it! then about 12 assessed questions I think!
Good Luck guys!

Is the assessment centre the next stage? This is for spring week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, after your video interview, anyone heard for AC?
Hi guys I just did my Video interview 2 days ago. The format is 12 questions. Strength-Based. You get 15 seconds to think and a maximum of 2 minutes to answer. Your answer must be between 30 secs and this maximum.

Some of the questions that I remember.

What motivated you to choose your division and what challenges does it face?
A client has asked you to do something unethical, what would you do?
Something you achieved recently that your proud of?
A time when you changed something that wasn't working?
A time when you built a relationship with someone?
Your manager has asked you to analyse a detailed spreadsheet for an important meeting tomorrow. How do you feel? how would you approach this?
A time when you put the needs of the team before your own?

And that is all that I remember.

Hope this helps guys!
Reply 35
Original post by Time-Lord
Hi guys I just did my Video interview 2 days ago. The format is 12 questions. Strength-Based. You get 15 seconds to think and a maximum of 2 minutes to answer. Your answer must be between 30 secs and this maximum.

Some of the questions that I remember.

What motivated you to choose your division and what challenges does it face?
A client has asked you to do something unethical, what would you do?
Something you achieved recently that your proud of?
A time when you changed something that wasn't working?
A time when you built a relationship with someone?
Your manager has asked you to analyse a detailed spreadsheet for an important meeting tomorrow. How do you feel? how would you approach this?
A time when you put the needs of the team before your own?

And that is all that I remember.

Hope this helps guys!

what scheme did you apply for?
Reply 36
Original post by Tummm
how did the video interview go? i have one tommorow?

can you shed some light on what the video interview was about?
Reply 37
Anybody receive any reply after doing the video interview?
Yes there is an AC happening on 26th Feb
Has anyone else accepted an offer from Barclays as an intern? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending