The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Offer changed to unconditional on results day

I got a conditional offer from Cardiff Uni, I needed to get ABB and I got ABB but on results day it said unconditional next to my offer and the letter attached said my place was confirmed subject to non-academic conditions. But I got the grades. Did the university receive the wrong grades or does it change to unconditional on results day for everyone?
Reply 1
Original post by callum97
I got a conditional offer from Cardiff Uni, I needed to get ABB and I got ABB but on results day it said unconditional next to my offer and the letter attached said my place was confirmed subject to non-academic conditions. But I got the grades. Did the university receive the wrong grades or does it change to unconditional on results day for everyone?

It changes to unconditional for everybody.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
That means you got in

*raises eyebrow*

Think about what the phrase 'unconditional love' means
Unconditional means there's no more academic conditions for you to meet, you're in.

If your concern is "the letter attached said my place was confirmed subject to non-academic conditions" then that's more for vocational courses where you may need a CRB check or something before starting.
Were your predicted grades ABB ?
Reply 5
Original post by loperdoper
Unconditional means there's no more academic conditions for you to meet, you're in.

If your concern is "the letter attached said my place was confirmed subject to non-academic conditions" then that's more for vocational courses where you may need a CRB check or something before starting.

Yeah, I know i'm in but i received a conditional offer of ABB and I got ABB my offer changed on results day to unconditional, i was wondering does it change to unconditional on results day for everyone
Reply 6
Original post by Mystery.
Were your predicted grades ABB ?

No, my predicted were ACC
Reply 7
Original post by cacra
It changes to unconditional for everybody.

Thanks, what does the 'subject to any non-academic conditions' part mean because I met the academic conditions and was not informed of any non-academic conditions?
Reply 8
Thanks, what does the 'subject to any non-academic conditions' part mean because I met the academic conditions and was not informed of any non-academic conditions?

If you went out today and burnt someone's house down, Cardiff still have the right to retract your offer on criminal offence grounds

That's what it means
Reply 9

I don't know, my UCAS just says
Congratulations! Your place at Cardiff University to study Economics is confirmed.

But if you have an unconditional and have accepted it, they're contractually obliged to give you a place so I wouldn't worry about it.
i was wondering does it change to unconditional on results day for everyone

By changing the offer to unconditional the university is indicating that it accepts you have met all academic conditions. All conditional offer holders hope to reach this point.
Reply 11
Original post by cacra
I don't know, my UCAS just says
Congratulations! Your place at Cardiff University to study Economics is confirmed.

But if you have an unconditional and have accepted it, they're contractually obliged to give you a place so I wouldn't worry about it.

I got the same message on my ucas Congratulations! Your place at Cardiff University to study Philosophy/Politics is confirmed. It was just in the letter attached where it said something about non-academic conditions.
Reply 12
I got the same message on my ucas Congratulations! Your place at Cardiff University to study Philosophy/Politics is confirmed. It was just in the letter attached where it said something about non-academic conditions.

Don't you have an asterisk next to it?

*Non-academic conditions may include inoculations, satisfactory medical report, police checks, etc. Please re-read the details of your offer and check with your university or college if you’re unsure which conditions apply.
Reply 13
Original post by cacra
Don't you have an asterisk next to it?

*Non-academic conditions may include inoculations, satisfactory medical report, police checks, etc. Please re-read the details of your offer and check with your university or college if you’re unsure which conditions apply.

Yes I do have an asterisk next to it
Yeah, I know i'm in but i received a conditional offer of ABB and I got ABB my offer changed on results day to unconditional, i was wondering does it change to unconditional on results day for everyone

It changes to unconditional for everyone who has been accepted into their chosen university.
A bit late but for future people seeing this.

A Conditional offer is an offer that is "conditional" to the fact you meet their requirements, in this case ABB

Once you have achieved the given grades, you have satisfied all entry criteria and your offer's conditions have been met, thus it becomes unconditional.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending