The Student Room Group

Organic chem!!!....help!

Has anyone got any good revision notes for unit two ...especially the organic part. As i have tried learniong them but for some reason its just not getting through. I have a mock nest thursday and really dont want to fail!....anyone got anytips for learning the reactions and everything else.Also if anyone has any good revision notes?any help would be great thanks!!!
Reply 2
for organic i think the best way is to just write em out again and again till they stick. that worked for me. If you have a method i think you should stick to it. You can use this mock to see any faults in your revision method and help you kick some butt in the real thing :biggrin: anyway good luck with it all :smile:

also try here for some nice notes
For unit 2, I would just concentrate on actually whats going on and learn the theory properly-- this includes knowing products, how to draw/name them all, mechanisms etc

I always leave the memorising reaction conditions until last because thats the easy bit since its just rote learning, and most probably after doing past papers (nearer exam time) you'll remember them anyway. I prefer drawing a spider/map kinda thing, noting all conditions, reactants and the reverse reactions but keeping functional groups on separate sheets eg I wouldnt mix alcohols with halogenoalkenes on one sheet as it all just gets confusing.

So all in all, start off with the theory and mechanism try to grasp whats going on, then worry about memorising the reactions later.
Reply 4
zoobot...the notes r really good i actully feel like im geting somewhere now thankyou!:smile:

silent ninja.....i took the advice n wow i feel like i get sum chemistry now!

thanks for all replyin uve really helped .Ive made posters af all the reactions n stuk em up so i can memorise them

thanks again everyone :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 5
have a look at the specification and make sure you only know what you need too.

After writing out exactly what you need to know it'll be easier for you for learn what you need to know.

Latest