The Student Room Group

Selling on ebay

I recently sold my festival ticket to someone for £180, I previously got it for £230 so I'm already loosing money.
I had an email from them last night saying they were not happy, that the ticket was a student and on eBay it says adult. Now I completely get why there annoyed, I didn't do it on purpose, I didn't even realise it was a student one I just wanted to get rid of the ticket before the festival started, I wasn't doing it for profit.
Now there saying that there going to complain to eBay as the item wasn't as described, but I haven't had a email from her further so I'm guessing she managed to get into the festival with the ticket.

I have no idea what to do? Potentially eBay could force me to give a refund meaning that I lose the money even though she has managed to go to the festival. Its not like a pair of shoes that I could sell again. I just feel like there saying it to try and get money out of me, if she hadn't of been able to get into the festival I would of obviously felt really bad and refunded the money but they've used the tickets.
Can eBay force me to give a refund? I was just thinking of apologizing to her saying it was a misunderstanding and hope that she doesn't go any further with it??
Reply 1
So she sent it before the festival and then didn't go further after it?
Maybe she got in and isn't pursuing it in which case no trouble.
I'd see if you can find their social media with heir email or whatever you can find for photo proof just in case they claim they didn't work. Or for them to be sent back in case they claim they got others.
It sounds to me like they won't pursue it if they got in though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending