The Student Room Group

University in America

i am currently in my AS year and studying History, Geography, Maths and Economics. My GCSE results were A* Maths
A* English language
A* English literature
A* additional science
A core science
A* history
A* geography
A* economics
and A* IGCSE French

I was wondering if anyone knew whether grades like this, along with good a levels would be enough to go to an Ivy league University, and most likely major in business/economics

replies, appreciated!
Original post by Sfarm1
i am currently in my AS year and studying History, Geography, Maths and Economics. My GCSE results were A* Maths
A* English language
A* English literature
A* additional science
A core science
A* history
A* geography
A* economics
and A* IGCSE French

I was wondering if anyone knew whether grades like this, along with good a levels would be enough to go to an Ivy league University, and most likely major in business/economics

replies, appreciated!

I'm planning on heading to Uni of Arkansas for my PhD.
You SHOULD be able to get in, however you have to show a lot to actually be "accepted" like how you will fund yourself throughout your first year as you cannot work ( you can only work on campus but there are normally a lot of jobs in or around your campus area) most uni's you have to pay $50 to to register and possibly visit the campus before going over ( i'm lucky since my boyfriend lives down road ** although down road means 24 miles away).
A lot of university will also look at GPA (grade point average) which at your grades will be a 4.00, I believe this is the highest grade you can get also If say your grades weren't all that great they would most probably look at your last 60 credit hours.
I personally feel you would get in, however I think your BIGGEST boundary would be finance .
But have a look at things like scholarships http://www.fulbright.org.uk/

Best of luck!

Moon
Sorry what are 'ECs'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending