The Student Room Group

Orthoptics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jyych
Hey

Anyone attending the open day on 29th Jan, cuz I'll see you guys there!!
Any tips from people who have already done the interview?

Thanks

I'll be there on the 29th! :smile: So nervous!!!
I'm going on the 29th too!!! I'm so scared:frown: i think its because of not knowing what kind of questions they will ask apart from the obvious 'why do you want to study orthoptics?' :smile:
Also i am just wondering that on the Sheffield interview day to the people that have already attended is it just the DBS form you need to bring with you on the day or anything else?, i am reading all my emails and for Sheffield it seems to only be that but for Liverpool you need to bring copies of you GCSE certificates and you passport photo as well.
Reply 83
Do you mean the entry agreement? That's the only thing I thought we had to bring :/ where's the DBS form??
I think i have misread the email and have been getting really paranoid about what to bring, sorry!
Reply 85
Phew! Just stay calm and be yourself - it'll be fine! Hopefully see you there :biggrin:
Yes see you there :biggrin:
Original post by ML131
Phew! Just stay calm and be yourself - it'll be fine! Hopefully see you there :biggrin:

Have you applied for just orthoptics or have you applied for another course aswell? :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by becky5678
Have you applied for just orthoptics or have you applied for another course aswell? :smile:

Just Orthoptics! You?
Original post by ML131
Just Orthoptics! You?

Same!! :biggrin:
Hi I'm 27 have been out of education for a while now and have been working in an opticians for over 2years I've decided to go back to college and study an access course that will hopefully lead to orthoptics. Does anyone have any advice ? .I've applied for access to ophthalmics and access to science technology engineering and maths. Thanks
Original post by Purplelover1
Hi I'm 27 have been out of education for a while now and have been working in an opticians for over 2years I've decided to go back to college and study an access course that will hopefully lead to orthoptics. Does anyone have any advice ? .I've applied for access to ophthalmics and access to science technology engineering and maths. Thanks

Im interested to know why you wouldnt want to do optometry as youve got experience in opticians
Original post by rambo1168
Im interested to know why you wouldnt want to do optometry as youve got experience in opticians

I enjoy that side of it but I want to know more about eye disorders and treatments
Has anyone heard back from GCU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
No I haven't, but going by other years they should let us know sometime this month!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi everyone!

Is anyone coming to the applicant day on the 10th of February at Liverpool?

Some of the ambassadors will be there and we can't wait to meet you all!

Good luck!
Reply 96
anyone heard back from GCU yet!? I received my unconditional offer today I'm so excited! Can't wait for September. Hope everyone else has the same good news to share soon!
Original post by sarshi
anyone heard back from GCU yet!? I received my unconditional offer today I'm so excited! Can't wait for September. Hope everyone else has the same good news to share soon!

No not yet, are you from Scotland
Reply 98
Original post by EducatedFH
No not yet, are you from Scotland

Yes I am
Original post by sarshi

Well done!!!! Have you already done your A levels?? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest