The Student Room Group

TSR Mature Students' Society!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi all........ how could I resist joining the TSR mature students society? (in fact, I didn't try to resist!)

Just for the record, I am a mature student, with a wife and two children (aged 15 and 13). I am studying maths - cos I like maths! - and have a conditional offer from Cambridge for next academic year. Unfortunately Cambridge maths students have to take extra exams - the normal A levels are not enough, so we have to take the dreaded STEP exams.......these are b****y difficult, so no guarantees at all of getting the required grades!

As insurance I have some unconditional offers from London universities, but it would be a real hassle to have to commute down there, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the STEP papers.

Enough about me ...... no doubt we'll all be posting regularly on here.....

Mike
Howdy - another applicant to join TSR Mature Students Society :wink:

Got an unconditional offer to go to Reading in October and study Meteorology (with a Science foundation year). I'm really excited about the studying but a bit nervous about fitting in! The course sounds wicked though, so I shall overcome the nerves :cool:

October just seems too far away now!!

Are there lots of current students here? Or more soon-to-be students?

Nice to meet you all anyway :biggrin:
Hi devils, whereabouts in Hampshire are you?
Reply 83
Count me in.

Morag x
Hiya new peoples. Please click this link and scroll down the list until you find the Mature Students' Society then apply to join :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs...o=list&page=13
Miaoow
Canal street is fabulous. Manto, Via Fossa, Prague, New Union. Been to them all. I am afterall Miss Faghag 2007. In America they call us "supportive straights" HOW PC!!!

Fag hag! lol :biggrin: I've only ever heard that term on American tv shows. I've got loads of fag hags, some of which aren't talking to me lately 'cos i've been neglecting them due to loads of coursework. Oh well, can't please everyone aye. How are you today?
devils_nose
Howdy - another applicant to join TSR Mature Students Society :wink:

Got an unconditional offer to go to Reading in October and study Meteorology (with a Science foundation year). I'm really excited about the studying but a bit nervous about fitting in! The course sounds wicked though, so I shall overcome the nerves :cool:

October just seems too far away now!!

Are there lots of current students here? Or more soon-to-be students?

Nice to meet you all anyway :biggrin:

Well done :biggrin: You'll love it when you get there, and make loads of new friends i'm sure. I'm currently on an Access to science course, which is a pain in the arse, if i am honest lol I'll be so glad to finish. I'm off to Lincoln in September, to study medical science :smile: Can't wait. Welcome to the society :wink:
good afternoon all - how are you all today?

I've just spent the past 3 hours doing Polish homework today. Bleugh. It's only an elective subject and honestly it takes up more time than my actual degree subject does. Pfft. Remind me not to take another language elective again.

My lil' one is much better today, so that's good.

How are all your days going?
Awww, that's good to hear. Give her some ice cream to cheer her up :p:

As for languages, i love languages they are great. I hope i get a chance to study a language alongside my degree.

I'm good. Getting ready to go to class, i really can't be bothered today. It's one of those days; you know, where you can't be bothered to do anything lol
Yeah, I'm doing better now that I've finished work for today. Writing this in the library at the local college before going into my evening class (numeracy, since you ask. 'Cos me sums is a bit rusty. Oh, you didn't ask.). Starting to panic now 'cos I've got my interview at Coventry on Saturday and that's the one I really want. I'm congenitally, clinically alergic to interviews and I'm not looking forward to it. Still, it'll be a day spent away from Swindon so it's not all bad. :smile:
kingsholmmad
Yeah, I'm doing better now that I've finished work for today. Writing this in the library at the local college before going into my evening class (numeracy, since you ask. 'Cos me sums is a bit rusty. Oh, you didn't ask.). Starting to panic now 'cos I've got my interview at Coventry on Saturday and that's the one I really want. I'm congenitally, clinically alergic to interviews and I'm not looking forward to it. Still, it'll be a day spent away from Swindon so it's not all bad. :smile:

You'll do fine! :biggrin: If you want it bad enough, you'll get in. I found most of my interviews quite simple and basic. Not what i was expecting at all, it's more a formal chat and they ask your interests etc... Totally chilled out.

Good Luck Though, even though i know you'll do fine! :wink:
kingsholmmad
Hi devils, whereabouts in Hampshire are you?

Winchester :redface: looking forward to a change of scenery - I've lived here 22 years :eek:

Hi and thanks for welcomes :biggrin: will follow the link!!
oh - link doesn't seem to work, I'll try to find it on the site
Reply 94
Evening all

Wow loveslipgloss.....your society is kicking off great!!

:biggrin:
pjamesg
Evening all

Wow loveslipgloss.....your society is kicking off great!!

:biggrin:

Correction! OUR society is kicking off great, it's as much yours as it is mine. It's everyones :wink: oh, and evening to you too! :p:

How are you?
Reply 96
Not bad not bad.....another day in paradise lol....ended up having all you can eat chinese for lunch today....gorgeous but soo bad for me lol

hows u?
mmmm i love chinese :biggrin: So yummy.

I'm good thanks. Just got back from class, my mind is a bit fried lol
Reply 98
Hello Everyone...
I've just applied to join, what seems to be quite a good crowd of people in this here society....
Of course, I'm a mature student, busy studying Human and Social Biology, Sociology, Chemistry and Psychology, also half way through a Dip in Sports Massage Therapy......

I'm tired, very tired, had 6 hours of Organic Chemistry this week all ready, another 6 to go, on top of all my other stuff...:-(

But on the bright side:

St Georges - Conditional
Physiotherapy 07

I'm not interviewing anywhere else as this is where I want to be...

Yiiippppeeeeee

Thanx
Reply 99
Diilan
Hello Everyone...
I've just applied to join, what seems to be quite a good crowd of people in this here society....
Of course, I'm a mature student, busy studying Human and Social Biology, Sociology, Chemistry and Psychology, also half way through a Dip in Sports Massage Therapy......

I'm tired, very tired, had 6 hours of Organic Chemistry this week all ready, another 6 to go, on top of all my other stuff...:-(

But on the bright side:

St Georges - Conditional
Physiotherapy 07

I'm not interviewing anywhere else as this is where I want to be...

Yiiippppeeeeee

Thanx

Hey Congrats on your St Georges Offer, i've heard nothing but good things about St Georges as a friend does radiography there...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending