The Student Room Group

Books for Access to Nursing

Hi can anyone put me onto some really good books that would be helpful over the duration of my Access to Nursing course please?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by eclecticfemale
Hi can anyone put me onto some really good books that would be helpful over the duration of my Access to Nursing course please?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hiya

The answer to this depends on what subjects you are doing within your nursing access course, for example, human biology, psychology, health studies etc. You can get study guides for these subjects however they tend to be aimed at either GCSE or A/AS Level and may not cover whats in this Access Course.

You could contact your college and ask what they would suggest? You may find you are given recommendations by each subject tutor when you start.

To be prepared you could read up on the referencing system your college will use ie harvard ect and also get all your stationary. Its also a good idea to start drafting your personal statement as wont be long and you will be sending off your UCAS application. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
I have just started an access to nursing course. Think it depends on what you plan to study. I have purchased some revision books for AS & A2 levels in biology, chemistry and maths and after our health studies class this week... psychology :-/

We got recommended by one of the tutors to get a good human physiology book or human biology textbook.
Reply 3
I am currently studying access to nursing the Collins advanced human biology book to prob the best for the science ect but also a general nursing book with nursing maths I have general handbook of nursing not sure where it can be brought from as my mother is a nurse
Hi thanks guys for the responses :smile: i definitely have to get my own books now as most of the good ones are practically all on loan or being reserved. Will have a look on Amazon for it. Thanks
Reply 5
Hi, my name is Gina. I would like to ask if you have some ideas regarding to study for Adult Access course for Nursing , want to know what kind of books to study in advance as the summer break is still on going at the moment. By the way am a busy Mum, got two children of mind and already got my gcse maths and English so am ready for the next level which is Access Course for Nursing. Please reply

Any ideas or advice would be grateful and appreciated.

Thank you,
Mrs. Newman
Reply 6
Hi, my name is Gina. I would like to ask if you have some ideas regarding to study for Adult Access course for Nursing , want to know what kind of books to study in advance as the summer break is still on going at the moment. By the way am a busy Mum, got two children of mind and already got my gcse maths and English so am ready for the next level which is Access Course for Nursing. Please reply

Any ideas or advice would be grateful and appreciated.

Thank you,
Mrs. Newman

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending