The Student Room Group

Real life Pokemon game

Scroll to see replies

I'm not overly fussed by the AR/VR element, but if you can train and battle in the style of the main game series I'll definitely be on board :teeth:

Original post by Slowbro93
Unless you teach Scyther have a move that means tha type advantages are non existent :colone:

Scyther unfortunately lacks and real way of hitting Charizard super effectively, and isn't powerful enough to KO with another move unless it gets a chance to set up with Swords Dance :wink:
Puddles' Charizard can't even take out a Snorlax so basically, my Scyther is GOING TO DESTROY HER.
Original post by Captain Jack
Puddles' Charizard can't even take out a Snorlax so basically, my Scyther is GOING TO DESTROY HER.

But as starter pokemon have taught us, just because you can't beat one thing doesn't mean you can't beat another :yep: Charizard may not beat a really bulky Snorlax but it will fry a Scyther that's weak to Fire types :colone:
Reply 23
Starter pokemon have taught us that, sometimes been first to pick isn't good as your rival is watching over your shoulder :biggrin:

Scyther can learn type advantage moves against charizard...............it just requires training and an Action Replay :biggrin:

P.S. I play legit, don't cheat
I'm so excited for this :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Jack

Well, this has escalated. Game on :indiff:
Original post by K3V1N
Scyther can learn type advantage moves against charizard...............it just requires training and an Action Replay :biggrin:

Well Magikarp can beat Charizard in that case :ahee:
Coming from a small village in Cornwall, I missed out on Pokémon in my younger years. :frown:
I've been exclusively using my Charizard since the beginning, he's on level 50, all my other pokemon are on level 5. This is a good strategy right? :dumbells:
Original post by Professor Oak
Hi folks! So my friends at The Pokemon Company have made a real life Pokemon game

What do you think? Now you won't have to be scared about going into that long grass...

I've been playing white 2 over the holidays,
When does this game come out? And can we battle other people?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I've been exclusively using my Charizard since the beginning, he's on level 50, all my other pokemon are on level 5. This is a good strategy right? :dumbells:

Yeah, keep doing that :colonhash:
Reply 31
Please, Magikarp is omnipotent, Magikarp created Arceus. Even without Action Replay, Magikarp sweeps the entire verse with minus infinity difficulty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hyped for this game, imagine being in a lecture or something and seeing a rattata or something lol
there's an excellent vine about this but I don't think I can link to it as it involves swearing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Without a doubt. Just catch the leveled up Pokemon from the wild later, although apparently they don't have quite as strong stats.

I loved my Charizard shiny--I had the only one in the school. Traded 9 shinys for it. Then my best friend stole it and lied (said it must've fallen down the back of my radiator). I was devastated. Only found out 10 years later.

How can I learn to trust again?
I need this now! I am so excited.
That's actually really cool, not even that it is pokemon, but the idea of using technology to augment the reality in which we live.
I saw a wild Chickadee earlier, so tried to hit her with a series of moves:

Leer
Flash
Harden...but it failed

Wild Chickadee ran away :frown:
Reply 38
As excited as I am to be seeing this released in future; I also feel slightly disappointed because there won't be holograms, nor will there be Pokemon appearing in front of me in the open.

Although, this does appear to be pretty fresh and cool. I want to capture an army of Magikarps!
Original post by chiharu
As excited as I am to be seeing this released in future; I also feel slightly disappointed because there won't be holograms, nor will there be Pokemon appearing in front of me in the open.

Although, this does appear to be pretty fresh and cool. I want to capture an army of Magikarps!

you'll be no match for my army of zubats

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest