The Student Room Group

Help me to choose my further maths units please.

I am already 1 month into doing furher maths doing s1, s2, m3. The teacher will start fp1,2 and 3 from october. I am finding s1 and s2 pretty easy almost like nothing needs to be done outside class. However, I am falling behind all of the 5 students in our class in m3. I am taking a bit too much time figuring out the solutions and doing a lot of silly mistakes. Last year I self studied m1 and m2 with 3 months to the exams and reallized I needed a lot more practice in m2 since I got a 45/100 in that ( might resit it this year).

At this point I am not sure if I should continue with m3 but we have already done 3 chapters of the in class which is like half the book. Should I drop m3 or put work on it? I do hate being the last one in class, makes me feel like I am gonna repeat the nightmare I faced in my m2 exam. I also want to achieve a* in my further maths. What do you guys think? Thank you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thebrahmabull
I am already 1 month into doing furher maths doing s1, s2, m3. The teacher will start fp1,2 and 3 from october. I am finding s1 and s2 pretty easy almost like nothing needs to be done outside class. However, I am falling behind all of the 5 students in our class in m3. I am taking a bit too much time figuring out the solutions and doing a lot of silly mistakes. Last year I self studied m1 and m2 with 3 months to the exams and reallized I needed a lot more practice in m2 since I got a 45/100 in that ( might resit it this year).

At this point I am not sure if I should continue with m3 but we have already done 3 chapters of the in class which is like half the book. Should I drop m3 or put work on it? I do hate being the last one in class, makes me feel like I am gonna repeat the nightmare I faced in my m2 exam. I also want to achieve a* in my further maths. What do you guys think? Thank you.

I think that you can take D1 which is probably a lot easier than M3 and still have all the modules you need.
Original post by thebrahmabull

replace m3 with d1.
Then you have S1, S2, D1, F1, F2, F3
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Don't do stats or decision.

Quick Reply

Latest