Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I got put there too! Apparently its got to be the best college for fancy dress which is good!lol!xxx
Reply 3
Hey!
Aidan's is absolutely amazing. Im a fresher there now and its sooo good. I cant really speak for it being better than any of the other colleges because Ive never really experienced them but its sooo friendly and so much fun. There's always loads of events going on so ur never bored. Accommodation is pretty good as well and the food is much better than most other colleges. Honestly, u will have such a good time. Come to the open day and you will see.
Reply 4
oh yes and we are fancy dress crazy!
Reply 5
vanillawick
I got put there too! Apparently its got to be the best college for fancy dress which is good!lol!xxx

Yay!! are you going to the open day? I like the sound of all this fancy dressness :smile:
x
Reply 6
kathryn16
Hey!
Aidan's is absolutely amazing. Im a fresher there now and its sooo good. I cant really speak for it being better than any of the other colleges because Ive never really experienced them but its sooo friendly and so much fun. There's always loads of events going on so ur never bored. Accommodation is pretty good as well and the food is much better than most other colleges. Honestly, u will have such a good time. Come to the open day and you will see.

Wow that sounds really good :smile: thanks
and can I just ask, is it true that you each get a personal fridge at St Aidan's? I remember reading it in the prospectus and thinking it was really random
x
Reply 7
I made an open application for combined social sciences and have just got an offer and I'n also in St Aidan's. It sounds really good.:smile: :biggrin:
Sarahanne
Wow that sounds really good :smile: thanks
and can I just ask, is it true that you each get a personal fridge at St Aidan's? I remember reading it in the prospectus and thinking it was really random
x

No, you dont get a fridge in your room, at least not in the rooms that havent been refurbished. Theres a nice friendly feel about St Aidans, im sure youll enjoy it
Reply 9
I've got a fridge in my room. I would say about half of the rooms do. Saves you having to hang ur milk out of the window to keep it cool like Mary's people do. It depends on whether or not u hav a refurbished room as to whether or not u get one but theyre hopefully going to refurbish more rooms in the summer so by then, probably more will.
Reply 10
i was put in st adian too after castle rejected me, been to the interview/openday already, the ppl there are amazing, ur not gonna be disappointed. got to say in the principle's double guest room too :biggrin: (though it wasn't as gd as the name suggested) ooo and the bar in adians is only £1.50 a pint!!
Reply 11
everyone going to the open day? Which day are people going?
Reply 12
I'm going on the 21st, how bout you?
x
Reply 13
yea same here, gunna go up on the 20th and stay the night for the 21st. It sounds like it's going to be a right laugh, with going out in the evening and everything. Hopefully that will make it easy for everyone not to be shy and get on.
Reply 14
Cool, I'm staying on the night of the 20th too, might see you there, should be good :smile:
x
Reply 15
Yeah hope so.:smile: Seems like a distinct lack of other people on here going to St Aidan's compared to the other colleges lol. How you getting up there?
Reply 16
I'm driving up, I live in Middlesbrough so it's not too far for me to travel, how about you? :smile:
x
Reply 17
that's handy!I live near Ipswich so will either get the train or my parents might drive me up, don't want them cramping my style though lol.
Reply 18
I'm probably going to St Aidan's next year.:smile:

Studying History and Politics.
Reply 19
I didn't like St.Aiden's when I visited. Prefer the smaller colleges.

Latest