The Student Room Group

Retaking modules: What to do with the year

Hi guys
I am retaking 3 modules next year and I don't know what to do with the free time I will have.
Is it better to do a couple of short term placements (approx 3 weeks long, realistically I probably would only do a few of these as they're hard to find) or should I find a job? A paying job would be more helpful so I wouldn't have to live broke.
Do you have any other suggestions of what to do?
Also, what sort of jobs can I get as a uni student with qualifications up to A levels?

Thank you
Sarah
Original post by whatsup.doc
Hi guys
I am retaking 3 modules next year and I don't know what to do with the free time I will have.
Is it better to do a couple of short term placements (approx 3 weeks long, realistically I probably would only do a few of these as they're hard to find) or should I find a job? A paying job would be more helpful so I wouldn't have to live broke.
Do you have any other suggestions of what to do?
Also, what sort of jobs can I get as a uni student with qualifications up to A levels?

Thank you
Sarah

If you're applying to university this year, it might be helpful to do something relevant to what you're applying for. Otherwise, a job is probably best because it doesn't hurt to have a little bit of your own money while at university instead of relying completely on the maintenance loan/grant, especially if you end up going to a London university.

Quick Reply

Latest