The Student Room Group

Most OVERRATED and UNDERRATED degrees

I am predicted four A*s and am applying soon, I want to do STEM.

I believe Computer Science is the most underrated degree

I was considering applying for Medicine and I have work experience there but after doing a lot of research I think it looks overrated so not sure if I will apply, from my experience with family members in hospital/talking to doctors etc. the NHS can be a very cliquey bullying environment. As it is the most prestigious degree and most people want to do it or are jealous of medical students it is possibly the most overrated (IMHO)

This thread is subjective before the usual trolls come on but give your reasons why you think certain subjects are over/underrated

Scroll to see replies

Underrated, probably geography since it encompasses so much from other subjects like history and religious studies.
(edited 8 years ago)
Underrated: Economics. If you don't agree, you're an idiot. Economics is the master race and anything else is not worth studying.
Reply 3
Overrated- Law. Underrated- Architecture.
Original post by midgemeister7
Underrated: Economics. If you don't agree, you're an idiot. Economics is the master race and anything else is not worth studying.

Agree Economics is the most underated. Computer science is the most overrated imo.
Overrated: Anything not maths.
Underrated: Maths.
I think Biology is underrated. Partially biased but still :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine is overrated, I study it

Pharmacy is underrated
Overrated= what you're doing. Underrated= what I'm doing.
Reply 9
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Overrated: Anything not maths.
Underrated: Maths.

the ignorance is strong on this one :colonhash:
Reply 10
Medicine is being so hated on atm that it's becoming underrated. F the haters
Original post by MrKmas508
Overrated= what you're doing. Underrated= what I'm doing.

Pretty much /thread
Underrated: history/english lit
Reply 13
Original post by Meninism
I am predicted four A*s and am applying soon, I want to do STEM.

I believe Computer Science is the most underrated degree

I was considering applying for Medicine and I have work experience there but after doing a lot of research I think it looks overrated so not sure if I will apply, from my experience with family members in hospital/talking to doctors etc. the NHS can be a very cliquey bullying environment. As it is the most prestigious degree and most people want to do it or are jealous of medical students it is possibly the most overrated (IMHO)

This thread is subjective before the usual trolls come on but give your reasons why you think certain subjects are over/underrated

STEM subjects are not underrated. They're the George Clooney of academia.
Overrated: STEM
Underrated: Non-STEM

At least on TSR...
Overrated: Maths and Law
Underrated: History, Biology, Economics, Foreign Languages
Reply 16
Original post by midgemeister7

Why do you say that? Practically half the people I know who took maths is doing economics O.o
Reply 17
Overrated: the degree I wish I was doing
Underrated: the degree I'm doing now
Original post by bassbabe

This. At university, foreign language courses don't just involve learning the language. You also learn the history, politics, literature etc of your chosen country. Also, the compulsory year abroad is something which definitely stands out to employers.
Original post by bassbabe

I disagree with foreign languages tbf, it used to be a USP to speak a 2nd language but in this globalised world, its not really that big of a deal anymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending