The Student Room Group

Article: UCAS university application deadline calendar - what you need to do and when

Hello. I'm an international applicant for Medicine. What does the article mean by my deadline is 8 October? Can I not send my application via UCAS after 8 October but before 15 October?
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Hello. I'm an international applicant for Medicine. What does the article mean by my deadline is 8 October? Can I not send my application via UCAS after 8 October but before 15 October?

It means that that is a realistic deadline to enable your school to complete the application from their end. You can't present your school with a finished application on the 15th of October and expect it to be sent. There just isn't time.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It means that that is a realistic deadline to enable your school to complete the application from their end. You can't present your school with a finished application on the 15th of October and expect it to be sent. There just isn't time.

But I am applying as an individual, not from my school, as I am an international applicant. So can I send off my application to the universities via UCAS on say, 10th October?
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by TheMadHatteress
But I am applying as an individual, not from my school, as I am an international applicant. So can I send off my application to the universities via UCAS on say, 10th October?
Thank you! :smile:

You can send it whenever it is complete up to the deadline. Allow enough time for your referee to attach the reference, though, and allow time for technical failures.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You can send it whenever it is complete up to the deadline. Allow enough time for your referee to attach the reference, though, and allow time for technical failures.

Ah thanks so much :biggrin:
Reply 6
Am I supposed to send copies of my qualifications to all the universities already, or only when they ask me to? I feel like sending them will make a big difference as it includes a description of my Dutch qualifications. My study counsellor said I'm supposed to send them, but a UK friend of mine said I shouldn't send them. What do I do?
Original post by Adooren
Am I supposed to send copies of my qualifications to all the universities already, or only when they ask me to? I feel like sending them will make a big difference as it includes a description of my Dutch qualifications. My study counsellor said I'm supposed to send them, but a UK friend of mine said I shouldn't send them. What do I do?

Wait until they ask for them.
I am a mature student, wants to start my higher studies. I did my application on ucas, but they are asking for references, i never work,never studied in united kingdom? From where should i get the reference?
Reply 9
Original post by Muazzama6
I am a mature student, wants to start my higher studies. I did my application on ucas, but they are asking for references, i never work,never studied in united kingdom? From where should i get the reference?

Your current employer, or, if recent, your previous school/college.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/how-get-reference

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending