The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston Plaza Accommodation DELAYED

So I have just received an email directly from CRM-student´s platform explaining me that the studio I have reserved (and almost payed) won´t be ready for at least 4 to 6 weeks.

As a solution they provide accommodation in a nearby Travelodge and offer £100 per week for food and transport expenses (I am originally paying £229 per week).

So I was wondering if anyone here was in the same situation or could advice me on what is the best course of action.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Luishm
So I have just received an email directly from CRM-student´s platform explaining me that the studio I have reserved (and almost payed) won´t be ready for at least 4 to 6 weeks.

As a solution they provide accommodation in a nearby Travelodge and offer £100 per week for food and transport expenses (I am originally paying £229 per week).

So I was wondering if anyone here was in the same situation or could advice me on what is the best course of action.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Luish,

Have you recieved any more information? I was looking at moving to the plaza before the weekend so this news is not great! Do you receive wifi at the travel lodge?
And are you expected to pay the full amount still although unable to stay in the accommodation.

Regards,

Jamie Moran
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by Jamie9293
Hi Luish,

Have you recieved any more information? I was looking at moving to the plaza before the weekend so this news is not great! Do you receive wifi at the travel lodge?
And are you expected to pay the full amount still although unable to stay in the accommodation.

Regards,

Jamie Moran

Sorry Jamie, but I have no more info about this topic. I guess they will pay for the Wifi at Travelodge. I have decided to look for another accommodation once I´m there, I have a place to stay so I´ll be checking new places during that time.

Again sorry but I can´t help with any more information.
Original post by Luishm
Sorry Jamie, but I have no more info about this topic. I guess they will pay for the Wifi at Travelodge. I have decided to look for another accommodation once I´m there, I have a place to stay so I´ll be checking new places during that time.

Again sorry but I can´t help with any more information.

Not a problem. It sounds a horrible situation, I have a list of other accommodations but this certainly was the most appealing.
Are you currently in the travel lodge or still at home?
If you would be interested in looking at shared accommodation it is also something I would consider.
Reply 4
Not a problem. It sounds a horrible situation, I have a list of other accommodations but this certainly was the most appealing.
If you would be interested in looking at shared accommodation it is also something I would consider.

A shared accommodation is definitely on my mind. However, I will still be in Spain until the 19th arrives. Right now I´m going to call all possible Halls and Residences. Will tell you any alternative I find availible.

So you studying at Kingston´s University? I´ll soon start with a master called computer vision.
Original post by Luishm
A shared accommodation is definitely on my mind. However, I will still be in Spain until the 19th arrives. Right now I´m going to call all possible Halls and Residences. Will tell you any alternative I find availible.

So you studying at Kingston´s University? I´ll soon start with a master called computer vision.

At this point it looks like I will have to be moving in on the 19th also.
The plaza have confirmed they will not be ready until mid/end of October, incredibly frustrating.
Any luck with private accommodation?

Kingston are not being overally helpful either they just said I need to keep looking and I'm on the waiting list which should be expected because I applied through clearing.

That sounds great! I will be studying mechanical engineering.
Reply 6
The plaza have confirmed they will not be ready until mid/end of October, incredibly frustrating.

Kingston are not being overally helpful either they just said I need to keep looking and I'm on the waiting list which should be expected because I applied through clearing.

Well, I have talked to most residences and I'm always getting the same answer... you are now in our waiting list. Most probable situation is that a vacancy will open in a month or so. So I'm now fully searching for a shared place. I will visit the possible ones during my first days there and I will then make my decision.

Would you be up as a partner?
Reply 7

Well, I have talked to most residences and I'm always getting the same answer... you are now in our waiting list. Most probable situation is that a vacancy will open in a month or so. So I'm now fully searching for a shared place. I will visit the possible ones during my first days there and I will then make my decision.

Would you be up as a partner?
Reply 8

I´m going to start a new thread in which I´m looking for more nice people to share a place, these 2 are my favourites:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/student-accommodation/property-35356020.html

or... not so great
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/student-accommodation/property-51589033.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending