The Student Room Group

MSc in Building Surveying advice and moving in Building Control + Emigration to Oz

Hi community,

I am about to embark on a part-time Masters course (2 years) in BS and would like to eventually end up working in Building Control, gain chartered status with the RICS and move to Australia. Clearly this is a long term plan and not something that is going to happen overnight but I was wondering if anybody has had any experience in doing something similar? If so do you have any advice for me in terms of getting into the construction business? Also, do you have any suggested reading that you feel would help me with my studies? I was also wondering if there are any major companies that take people on as either trainees or Assistant Building Surveyors - Particularly in the Building Control sector. I have recently completed a PgDip in Acoustics and Noise Control which will no doubt help me with the acoustics side of Building Control.

Currently I work in local government for Environmental Health, although I'm not a qualified EHO and have no strong urges to be one.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Dan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending