The Student Room Group

A2B UoB application help

Hi all, my question is that I am student who has just started their gap year and is looking to apply for Pharmacy to start in 2016. I'm considering applying to UoB as one of my choices. I am eligible for the A2B scheme as I meet all the criteria but my question is as I've left college will I be able to use the A2B scheme with my UCAS application? I will be applying through my college not at home.Also if anyone could link me to a thread for similar schemes like the A2B scheme for other universities I'd be very grateful.
Reply 1
Sorry, but you can't apply as the A2B application form needs to be sent off by the head of your college/sixth-form, otherwise the application gets rejected, it says it on the UoB A2B web page on application criteria.
Reply 2
What If I was to ask my college to send it off for me would that be possible?
Reply 3
To apply, your application must be supported by a member of staff at your current school or college which is a partner in the A2B scheme. You also need to meet the following criteria:

Your parents have no experience of Higher Education in the UK or abroad.
The main income earners in your household are not in professional occupations, e.g., not teachers, doctors, solicitors or similar.
Your annual household income is £42,600 or less.
Your home postcode shows that you live in an area with low levels of progression to Higher Education.
>>>You attend a non-selective state school or college which is a partner in the A2B scheme. If you are in the sixth form at a selective state school (such as a grammar school) we will take into account the context in which you achieved your GCSEs.
You must be classed as a Home/EU student for tuition fees.

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/preparing-for-university/teachers-advisors/reaching-regional/a2b.aspx
Reply 4
Well I've finished my exams in my A2 year from college and have got my grades so does that rule me out? I meet all the criteria in regards to income etc.
Reply 5
You have to meet all the requirements, hence, if you're not going to a college/sixth-form in partnership with the A2B programme then you won't be eligible. If you are still not satisfied I would suggest you call the university to get a direct and official answer.
Reply 6
Hi,

I will be applying to University of Birmingham through the A2B scheme however I am lost on what to write for 'supporting statement'. Would you be able to give me some examples or pointers on what you think should be included?

Thanks

Simran

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending