The Student Room Group

How much a month do you pay for your phone?

Scroll to see replies

£34 a month. Unlimited texts and minutes, 2GB iPhone 6 on O2. Hardly use the data though cos wifi :tongue:
£15 for unlimited internet, 300 texts and 100 mins on EE but the phone doesnt come with my contract

Posted from TSR Mobile
8NZD, sometimes 20. Depends how much texting I am planning to do.
£6.90 a month on Three (300min, 5000 texts, 500mb), I'm frugal as ****. I barely use up those minutes and data, could probably do with top-up tbh.
Reply 84
Original post by hihihihihi
£6.90 a month on Three (300min, 5000 texts, 500mb), I'm frugal as ****. I barely use up those minutes and data, could probably do with top-up tbh.

ghetto
Reply 85
£33 pm for unlimited texts/calls and 8gb data. It's expensive because I was impatient and got the galaxy s6 when it came out. (This is with a 30% discount applied.)
Original post by ForgetMe
Which ones are good and bad, for e.g.?

The greedy pay twice :tongue:

Don't you say I'm greedy! I just want a phone that works - which the ZTE didn't!!! :angry:
Original post by eshillier
£15 for unlimited internet, 300 texts and 100 mins on EE but the phone doesnt come with my contract

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't even think EE did unlimited internet? How do you get that?

Or is it an old T-Mobile/Orange plan?
Under £20 for the iphone 5s. I desperately want the 6s plus but I can't afford it :cry:
£11 a month.
Brought my own phone, it's easier. I've got an s3 had it for a while now :tongue:
£30 a month for the Samsung Galaxy S6 :smile:
£25 I think for a 24 month contract which is nearly finished. Phone is a Nexus 5, 500 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited H+ data which they no longer offer.

I've calculated that over the 24 months, I've spent nearly 2-3 times the predicted cost of the contract. I would advise paying for a phone off contract from a website like Ebay or from Amazon where the prices are cheaper than the retail stores then get a sim only deal. It'll work out much cheaper in the long run.
Until Three transfer me off it, my current contract runs until 2017, so shouldn't be before then.

One plan @ £7.50 a month sim only, but then i've been getting cost reductions every year since the plan first came out (2008 i think?) and I've still got guaranteed tethering until the end of this contract term :3

Edit: last contract term was 10.50p/m with a free Note 3.
(edited 8 years ago)
£5 for 100 minutes, 300 texts and 100 MB data. :3 (iPhone 5S)
PAYG cru.

I use whatsapp for messages and calls these days, and since I'm pretty much always on somebody's wifi, who needs minutes, texts or data? f that

PAYG about a fiver a month.
It depends on what tariffs you want and the things you need your phone for really as well as what kind of phone you want
Reply 96
I'm on PAYG
Reply 97
Original post by rayquaza17
I've just signed up for £38.49 a month for an iPhone 6s+ with unlimited mins and texts and 10gb data on EE.

how the hell did you get that deal? Thats really cheap for EE
Reply 98
so is the tip on here to buy the phone outright and go on a sim only?

but that means paying like £700 up front for the phone
£52. About half is line rental and about half is for the handset. Early upgrade iPhone 6 that I got last November - pretty happy with it though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending