The Student Room Group

Can I apply to LSE or Oxford for Economics/E&M?

Okay, so for my GCSEs I got 4A*s, 6As and 4Bs. For my AS results I came out with AABC in Maths, Computing, Economics and Further Maths respectively. However, I'm confident my Further Maths should go up to a B and the Economics to an A after remarks.

I have a lot of extra curricular activities to add, such as house presidency, local teams captain, and I am founder of a startup company that has won many awards on a national scale and my company is now trading globally. On top of this, I have read obscure books regarding behavioural economics, as this interests me the most.

Now, obviously with other things in sight (such as personal statement), and if my grades stay at AABC, what is the likelihood of getting into either of the universities, and is it worth applying? My predicted grades are A*A*A*, and I will be dropping Further Maths.

If anyone could shed some advice, or tell me about anyone that had a chance with similar grades, that would be really helpful!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump, anyone please
Original post by thelion786
Bump, anyone please

it looks like you have been over predicted
Reply 3
Original post by Bio_mann123
it looks like you have been over predicted

I would agree, thats how i felt. But my UMS were very high for maths and computing as i got full marks in two papers, and scored high As in the others. My economics one should be an A though, i feel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending