The Student Room Group

University offers

When universities make offers, do they just look at your alevel, personal statement and reference? Or do they also look at GCSEs?
I'm predicted AAA and my personal statement is good and so is my reference..but I got bad gcse's (1A, 5Bs, 5Cs) does that mean they won't offer me? Even if I'm predicted what they want

Please reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some look at GCSEs (e.g. require A in English and Maths). Some might use them as a deciding factor (Oxford). Others won't care. If a uni requires a particular GCSE grade it'll be specified in the entry requirements.
Reply 2
If you dont meet gcse requirement, you get subsequently and automatically rejected
Reply 3
Original post by Mattematics
Some look at GCSEs (e.g. require A in English and Maths). Some might use them as a deciding factor (Oxford). Others won't care. If a uni requires a particular GCSE grade it'll be specified in the entry requirements.

Surrey ask for a grade A in maths for my the subject I want to do. But I got a grade B...one mark off an A, will they ignore my application if I apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by SCAR H
If you dont meet gcse requirement, you get subsequently and automatically rejected

Surrey ask for a grade A in maths for my the subject I want to do. But I got a grade B...one mark off an A, will they ignore my application if I apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Prina_R

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes
Original post by Prina_R
When universities make offers, do they just look at your alevel, personal statement and reference? Or do they also look at GCSEs?
I'm predicted AAA and my personal statement is good and so is my reference..but I got bad gcse's (1A, 5Bs, 5Cs) does that mean they won't offer me? Even if I'm predicted what they want

Please reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything!Sometimes they look at GCSES to differentiate between applicants who have got similar AS level grades
Original post by Prina_R

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. I would look for a different University which only requires a B. Many good Unis will probably only be looking for a B in Maths. Though that depends on the course you're trying to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending