The Student Room Group

Are these universities good with my grade?

GCSEs: 1A, 5Bs, 5Cs
AS: AABC
Predicted: AAA

I want to study politics and economics:
1) Surrey - AAA
2) Kent - AAB
3)City - BBB
4) soas - AAA
5) not sure yet

Do you think I get can offers from these if my personal statement and reference is good? Even when my gcse's are not good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prina_R
GCSEs: 1A, 5Bs, 5Cs
AS: AABC
Predicted: AAA

I want to study politics and economics:
1) Surrey - AAA
2) Kent - AAB
3)City - BBB
4) soas - AAA
5) not sure yet

Do you think I get can offers from these if my personal statement and reference is good? Even when my gcse's are not good

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt those care much about GCSEs and your GCSEs ARE good. And yes, there is virtually nothing stopping you but I would say that it depends on so many factors particularly who applied this year so no one can really tell you any kind of definitive answer.
(edited 8 years ago)
You can go to better unis than those
Reply 3
What other unis then?
Original post by earthworm
You can go to better unis than those
Royal holloway, leeds, mancheser.. And they are the only ones i have looked at.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Be more ambitious :smile:. UCL said you should have 3 aspirational choices, for example.
Reply 6
Well I want to live close to home. So I'm only looking at south east and London uni's..but I'm going to Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Surrey is solid for Economics
Reply 8
Original post by alexp98
Surrey is solid for Economics

I know it's so good! But they require a grade A at gcse maths but I got a B so idk if I should apply or not
Reply 9
Original post by Prina_R
I know it's so good! But they require a grade A at gcse maths but I got a B so idk if I should apply or not

Damn, unfortunately i'm 100% sure you won't be considered because of that. I think maybe do a retake? Uni's are really strict with their GCSE requirements for Maths and English, especially the great ones like Surrey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending