The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've chosen al liss w alkilab and kindil um hashim . Because they are based on a story which is easier for me. You can watch the movies for both to have an idea but do not rely on them because the book will help you with ur essay also it has more stuff stuff going on in the book than the story. For any questions don't hesitate to ask :smile:
Original post by Miminfl
I've chosen al liss w alkilab and kindil um hashim . Because they are based on a story which is easier for me. You can watch the movies for both to have an idea but do not rely on them because the book will help you with ur essay also it has more stuff stuff going on in the book than the story. For any questions don't hesitate to ask :smile:

We are doing al liss wal kilaab too. :smile:

Do you know where I can find the movie?

How are you revising for it? Past papers?

Do you have any notes for the characters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Yes I can put the link on YouTube for the movie :smile: that's where I watched it: https://youtu.be/pvy2BiWK-aY
My mom is tutoring me and I usually read the book because it talks abut the characters especially sa3eed mahran(main character) so I revise by making notes from the book and write essays from past papers then my mom marks it for me to improve. I also look at the exam reports because they show students essays that's written from each past paper ( in edexcel website ) so that I have an idea what to write and see whether I'm writing the essay in good quality ( comparing basically )
Yes, I make my notes using the book , and in the book there is notes on each character.
I read the book twice with my mom because it's near exam time :smile:
Original post by Miminfl
Yes I can put the link on YouTube for the movie :smile: that's where I watched it: https://youtu.be/pvy2BiWK-aY
My mom is tutoring me and I usually read the book because it talks abut the characters especially sa3eed mahran(main character) so I revise by making notes from the book and write essays from past papers then my mom marks it for me to improve. I also look at the exam reports because they show students essays that's written from each past paper ( in edexcel website ) so that I have an idea what to write and see whether I'm writing the essay in good quality ( comparing basically )
Yes, I make my notes using the book , and in the book there is notes on each character.
I read the book twice with my mom because it's near exam time :smile:

Thanks, I'll watch it later.

I see, you must be very lucky then. It's much harder for us non-arabs lol. Thanks for the advice. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Kinda lucky , because I'm not very fluent in writing, i only speak fluent, so I struggle to write essays because I haven't done arabic since I moved to the uk, I forgot everything , I admit it's a hard language -and anytime :smile:
Original post by Miminfl
Kinda lucky , because I'm not very fluent in writing, i only speak fluent, so I struggle to write essays because I haven't done arabic since I moved to the uk, I forgot everything , I admit it's a hard language -and anytime :smile:

Well I had to learn it from scratch lol. Im the opposite, I cant speak fluently. Writing and reading is okay though. Yeh it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by s_ahmed2
Well I had to learn it from scratch lol. Im the opposite, I cant speak fluently. Writing and reading is okay though. Yeh it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really good, good luck :smile:
Hi there!

I'm doing both the AS and the A2 Arabic this year and was wondering do we have to have read the books to be able to answer the essays?
Original post by salehah1
Hi there!

I'm doing both the AS and the A2 Arabic this year and was wondering do we have to have read the books to be able to answer the essays?

Same here, for the A2 exam you will have to read one of the books. An essat question will be based on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Hello, yes you have to read 2 books because you get to choose two essays from several options of u look at the past papers you'll get what I mean and I got kindil um hashim and aliss w alkilab to write abut :smile:
Reply 30
Same here, for the A2 exam you will have to read one of the books. An essat question will be based on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you read one of the books because you have to answer to two questions , each question has a and b , you get to pick one of them.
You always get questions on the history of Arabs , (not sure if there is a book about that ) the culture and art of Arabs , social culture of Arabs , then stories about Alish w alkilab , kindil um hashim , and kilya&dumna the last three questions books are available but I'm not sure abut the first three :smile: just to let you Knw
Original post by Miminfl
I don't think you read one of the books because you have to answer to two questions , each question has a and b , you get to pick one of them.
You always get questions on the history of Arabs , (not sure if there is a book about that ) the culture and art of Arabs , social culture of Arabs , then stories about Alish w alkilab , kindil um hashim , and kilya&dumna the last three questions books are available but I'm not sure abut the first three :smile: just to let you Knw

As far as I know, there are two sections for the essay question. One of the questions will be based on arab culture etc and the other will be based on one of the three available books. For eg al-liss wal killab will have two questions to choose from and if you have chosen that book then you will only do one of those questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
As far as I know, there are two sections for the essay question. One of the questions will be based on arab culture etc and the other will be based on one of the three available books. For eg al-liss wal killab will have two questions to choose from and if you have chosen that book then you will only do one of those questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's right, you can choose 2 different questions from 2 two topics or text, or ( one topic and one text ) sorry I didn't read the spec properly :smile:
Original post by Miminfl
Yes that's right, you can choose 2 different questions from 2 two topics or text, or ( one topic and one text ) sorry I didn't read the spec properly :smile:

That's fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the help. Also, are you all attending classess to prepare or self studying?

If you're self studying, how are you preparing?
Thanks for the help. Also, are you all attending classess to prepare or self studying?

If you're self studying, how are you preparing?

We have to do as&a2 arabic as part of our course so we have a teacher teaching us, roughy 4.5hours per week.

In addition to that I am also going through some past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay, inshaAllah you do well. All the best 😊

Likewise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
So what do you guys predict AS part c essay would be about? I looked at all the questions from all the AS papers and realised that everything mentioned in the spec came apart from pollution if you get what I mean? So I advise you guys to read through articles about pollutions just incase it comes up :smile:
Original post by Miminfl
So what do you guys predict AS part c essay would be about? I looked at all the questions from all the AS papers and realised that everything mentioned in the spec came apart from pollution if you get what I mean? So I advise you guys to read through articles about pollutions just incase it comes up :smile:

I haven't completed them all yet, thanks for the heads up though :smile:

Any good resources for that?
Reply 39
I haven't completed them all yet, thanks for the heads up though :smile:

Any good resources for that?

No problem :smile:, this website is good for having ideas of reasons why pollution is caused http://mawdoo3.com/تصنيف:التلوث_البيئي
And also in the purple as book "the arabic season" read from pages 146 till 159. It's only a prediction.
I hope it doesn't come up because I'm not good with using scientific arabic words :/ good luck for exams.

Latest

Trending

Trending