The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

2016 Nursing Applicants -MMI Interviews

For 2016 applicants, Queen's has now changed from the typical face to face interview to MMI interviews (multiple mini interviews) for Nursing and Midwifery applicants.
For those who arent aware, these are interviews based in different stations. You will have a resting station then several other stations where you will be asked to answer different questions, scenarios or act out a role play. You are allocated a set amount of time for each station. Once the buzzer goes you move on to your next station. Once you have finished you then wait to hear from the university if you are successful or not. Each station will be marked and your points totalled up for the overall MMI.
There is information available out there on these as several other universities already use MMI's for Nursing.
Good luck to you all!

Scroll to see replies

Around what date do applicants normally get notified if they have been successful in getting an interview?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Queens start announcing after deadline day. As that was today they will start sifting through the applications and you will hear from now until April time about interviews. Queens are also notorious for not letting people know if they're successful until deadline day in May time.
So it is a lot of waiting around!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for replying! Just a waiting game now >.<
Reply 4
No problem! Good luck! It's hard to believe it was 2 years ago I was in your position!
Fingers crossed for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
How do you prepare for this kind of interview, it sound super confusing and I think it'll make me more nervous! I assume it'll be the same for mental health, although I've applied for adult as well, so I assumed it would be one panel interview where they'll ask which I prefer and that would defo be mental health as I'm not really fussed on adult, I just wanted to look very keen for queens!
Reply 6
Original post by Janinejb
How do you prepare for this kind of interview, it sound super confusing and I think it'll make me more nervous! I assume it'll be the same for mental health, although I've applied for adult as well, so I assumed it would be one panel interview where they'll ask which I prefer and that would defo be mental health as I'm not really fussed on adult, I just wanted to look very keen for queens!

There isnt a panel like the face to face interviews, but rather stations. When you go you may be given a form to complete in order of preference the fields of nursing you applied to.
Just be yourself, relax and remember to try and embody the qualities of a nurse!
Reply 7
Just got an interview for Queens Nursing! :-) anyone who has applied check your emails, mine went to my junk folder!
Reply 8
I also got an Interview for Nursing at Queens today too! I am terrified haha
Reply 9
what nursing did you get interview for?
Original post by nell93
what nursing did you get interview for?

Adult Nursing!
hey,i have my nursing mmi interview today at queens,has anyone done theirs yet and has any tips? so nervous :colondollar:
Original post by annabyrne1987
hey,i have my nursing mmi interview today at queens,has anyone done theirs yet and has any tips? so nervous :colondollar:

I have my nursing interview today too! If it helps we could try mert just before to help ease the nerves as you will know someone there! Im super nervous!

Best of luck. Hope it went well :-)

Hope you got on well!! I'm dreading mine haha!😞 How'd you get on?
Original post by emdoran1
I also got an Interview for Nursing at Queens today too! I am terrified haha

how did you get on haha, any tips? :smile:
Original post by Reader63
I have my nursing interview today too! If it helps we could try mert just before to help ease the nerves as you will know someone there! Im super nervous!

aww im sorry i literally just seen this,id have loved to have met up with someone to cuz my nerves were gone lol to be honest i think my nerves got the better of me but just trying to stay positive and if i dont get in il be gutted but theres always next year. how did u get on hope it went well x
Original post by babycakes04
Best of luck. Hope it went well :-)

awk thanks so much, i dont think it went to well lol i was a bundle of nerves but just have to think positive and waitttt until the 5th may,feels like a lifetime away lol
Original post by emdoran1
Hope you got on well!! I'm dreading mine haha!😞 How'd you get on?

not great lol 😢 wen is urs? good luck for it, its not something you can realy practice for to be honest but only advice i can give really is to try leave ur nerves at the door cuz i think mine got the better of me :frown: be urself,smile, and eye contact. good luck
not great lol 😢 wen is urs? good luck for it, its not something you can realy practice for to be honest but only advice i can give really is to try leave ur nerves at the door cuz i think mine got the better of me :frown: be urself,smile, and eye contact. good luck

Awk I'm sure it went better than you think, don't worry! Mine is tomorrow lol! I just know I'm going to be so nervous😂 How long was the overall process and all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending