The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

I've just got an offer from Cardiff for one of the two courses I applied for!

Social Analytics and Politics - ABB.
I'm so so happy right now, Cardiff is definitely going to be my firm university!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by emiloujess
I've just got an offer from Cardiff for one of the two courses I applied for!

Social Analytics and Politics - ABB.
I'm so so happy right now, Cardiff is definitely going to be my firm university!

Congratulations again! :smile:. Is it the course you wanted the most ?
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Congratulations again! :smile:. Is it the course you wanted the most ?

Thanks! Yep! :smile: I'm absolutely delighted! After a conversation with my Dad I've now decided that Cardiff is my firm and Aberystwyth my insurance, so I have both of them now and can relax. It'll be interesting to see if I get an offer from Birmingham though :tongue:
Thanks! Yep! :smile: I'm absolutely delighted! After a conversation with my Dad I've now decided that Cardiff is my firm and Aberystwyth my insurance, so I have both of them now and can relax. It'll be interesting to see if I get an offer from Birmingham though :tongue:

I'm glad things are going great for you! Hopefully you will get that offer too :tongue:.

You now just need to focus on your studies and try to achieve the predicted grades, even though I'm sure you will :smile:
Reply 44
I've applied for Psychology and I'm from Newport!

Do Cardiff give offers based solely on grades or is the personal statement element a percentage? I'm really worried my personal statement isn't good enough! :frown: I've been having dreams I had 5 rejections lmao!
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
I'm glad things are going great for you! Hopefully you will get that offer too :tongue:.

You now just need to focus on your studies and try to achieve the predicted grades, even though I'm sure you will :smile:

I hope so, even though I don't really need it haha :biggrin:
My Dad was so supportive and understanding though, I'm a little shocked!

Well technically I only need to gain 5 marks more than last year so it shouldn't be too difficult :tongue:
Original post by zoex101
I've applied for Psychology and I'm from Newport!

Do Cardiff give offers based solely on grades or is the personal statement element a percentage? I'm really worried my personal statement isn't good enough! :frown: I've been having dreams I had 5 rejections lmao!

They told me they base offers largely on predicted grades and then on Personal Statements :smile: I'm sure it's better than you think, I thought mine was crap :tongue:

Just out of interest, which other universities have you applied to? I was going to apply for Psychology until May.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
They told me they base offers largely on predicted grades and then on Personal Statements :smile: I'm sure it's better than you think, I thought mine was crap :tongue:

Just out of interest, which other universities have you applied to? I was going to apply for Psychology until May.

I think I've read it about 50,000 times so it may sound crapper than it probably is :lol:

I've applied to Birmingham, UEA, Manchester and Nottingham as well, how about you? And what changed your mind?
Original post by zoex101
I think I've read it about 50,000 times so it may sound crapper than it probably is :lol:

I've applied to Birmingham, UEA, Manchester and Nottingham as well, how about you? And what changed your mind?

:smile: I think mine only had 3 drafts before I was happy(ish). I've applied to Aberystwyth, Birmingham and Swansea as well as the 2 Cardiff courses. My first 2 offers (the only 2 so far) happened to be the ones I wanted as my firm and insurance though.

I watched a speech that completely changed what I wanted to do in life and gave me a new passion. Everything I've done since then has only confirmed it. I'll still be doing the same thing but from a slightly different angle.
I hope so, even though I don't really need it haha :biggrin:
My Dad was so supportive and understanding though, I'm a little shocked!

Well technically I only need to gain 5 marks more than last year so it shouldn't be too difficult :tongue:

That's really good though! I really hope you get into your firm :h:
Reply 50
:smile: I think mine only had 3 drafts before I was happy(ish). I've applied to Aberystwyth, Birmingham and Swansea as well as the 2 Cardiff courses. My first 2 offers (the only 2 so far) happened to be the ones I wanted as my firm and insurance though.

I watched a speech that completely changed what I wanted to do in life and gave me a new passion. Everything I've done since then has only confirmed it. I'll still be doing the same thing but from a slightly different angle.

My sister went to Aber and loved it. I really want Birmingham as my firm then Cardiff as my insurance, fingers crossed.

That's amazing how one speech could completely change your future!
Original post by zoex101
My sister went to Aber and loved it. I really want Birmingham as my firm then Cardiff as my insurance, fingers crossed.

That's amazing how one speech could completely change your future!

Cardiff will be my firm, Aberystwyth my insurance :smile: I did like Birmingham, I went to a conference there in the summer and loved the university. Unfortunately I don't like the city. With Cardiff though I love both the university and the city so it's win-win (the course is great too though). and for some reason I do love Wales, even though I'm from the West Midlands :tongue:

I know! Quite scary but I'm certain about going into Politics now, I never was 100% certain about Psychology.
Hey!:-) I'm applying to Dentistry in Cardiff, if I get an offer (touch wood) I'll 10000% be making it my firm choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just applied for Business Economics yesterday. From Sheffield
Reply 54
I'm applying to Pharmacy in Cardiff :smile: I'm from Bulgaria.
Not really sure that Cardiff will be my firm choise, but I still really like it as university!
Reply 55
Got an offer for Human and Social Sciences <3 YAS
My application went off today for German and Politics, and I'm from Yorkshire 😊 I haven't heard of anyone in my college getting offers from anywhere except Warwick, Chester and Huddersfield though 😩
Original post by lizardpotato
My application went off today for German and Politics, and I'm from Yorkshire 😊 I haven't heard of anyone in my college getting offers from anywhere except Warwick, Chester and Huddersfield though 😩

If it helps, I got an offer from Cardiff on Monday for Social Analytics and Politics. It took 6 days :smile:

Good Luck! :smile: Which other universities have you applied to?
If it helps, I got an offer from Cardiff on Monday for Social Analytics and Politics. It took 6 days :smile:

Good Luck! :smile: Which other universities have you applied to?

Congratulations! And that's not too long a wait then, I was thinking I might have to wait months for some places!

I've also applied to Exeter, Bristol, Nottingham and Liverpool, but the last two were only so I had five options haha
I've applied for Biomedical Science (Physiology) with Placement Year and I'm from Milton Keynes! If I get an offer Cardiff will definitely be my firm :h:
I've applied to Bristol, Nottingham, Bangor and University of South Wales.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending