Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer for Business Economics at AAB
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by JeSuisLissette
Did you apply for two different courses at Cardiff? Congratulations on the Social Analytics and Politics offer! :smile:

Yes, I did because I couldn't choose which course I liked best, and I want to firm Cardiff. Thanks! :smile: What have you applied to, have you got an offer?
That's a good idea! My sister studied at Cardiff and loved it! Do you live close by? I applied for French and Spanish and received an offer tonight! :h:

Congratulations! :woo:
No I don't - I live in the West Midlands :smile: But completely fell in love with the place when I visited, and just love Wales in general really. I've even told my Dad that it's likely I'll stay in Cardiff because to get a good job I'd have to be in either Cardiff or London.
Do you live nearby?
Cardiff is a great place! Yes, I live in Newport which is very close :smile:. I've also applied to Warwick, that's in the West Midlands isn't it? :five:

So lucky! :smile: Yep, I think so, though don't take my word for it because I'm crap at Geography, haha :biggrin: Do you know which univerisites are your first/second choice?
Thank you! Same!! I'm not sure yet, I'm quite drawn by Warwick and Exeter because they give the opportunity to study three languages but it's such a hard choice! What other universities have you applied to?

Have you got offers from any other universities? :smile: I've also applied to Aberystwyth for InterPol & Intelligence Studies, Birmingham for PolSci & Sociology and Swansea for Political Communication. What about you?
Nope, Cardiff is my first offer! Have you had any others? That Aberystwyth degree sounds so interesting! Can you join MI5 afterwards? I've applied to Warwick, Exeter, Reading, and Cambridge, all for French and Spanish. :smile:

I'm sure others will follow shortly :smile: It is very interesting, yeah! Code-breaking, Espionage... Possibly, I'm not too sure, haven't looked at that much. I'm hoping to actually go into Politics. Do you have any ideas of what you want to do after University? :smile:
[QUOTE=JeSuisLissette;60216579]Hello fellow Cardiff applicants,

I've just received an offer for French and Spanish (ABB)! I sent my application on 15th October.

Anyone else applying for a language degree?

Congratulations to everyone with an offer and good luck to those who are waiting!

:france:
Got an offer for French (ABB) today, so so happy because it's my favourite and my first offer! Only sent my application on Friday so I'm surprised on how fast I got it:biggrin:
That sounds so interesting, I wish I knew more about politics! No, unfortunately, I just really love French! :smile:

I had no interest until the 8th of May :biggrin: But now I couldn't imagine wanting to do anything else. Very worried about my confidence though. It's great you've found something you love though, a lot of people still have no clue :smile:
Yes, I completely agree! It's so nice to be completely sure about the subject you want to study! I bet university will boost everyone's confidence so much! I think moving to a new city will really help your confidence, especially Cardiff which is such a friendly one :smile:.

It is, isn't it? :smile: My confidence has been slowly improving, though the next fortnight is going to be stressful...
Cardiff is really friendly, I was admittedly surprised. I normally can't stand cities (eg. Birmingham), but Cardiff just felt like... home, if that makes sense? and the University itself is simply gorgeous, I've always had a soft spot for older buildings. And I've just seen I didn't answer an earlier question of yours - sorry! Yes, I also have an offer from the Aber course (my insurance!!) :smile:
It's so good that you've found your dream university and that you have offers so early! I think I'm the only one in my school to have even applied! You can just focus on your school work now :smile:.

If you don't mind me asking, why will the next fortnight be stressful?

I'm very lucky :smile: There are a few others in my college I think - mainly Oxbridge. My tutor (who's amazing) decided to use me as an example of why UCAS should be sent off early when she found out I had offers. And yes, that was always the plan :smile:

Basically, I am going canvassing on Saturday as part of a Youth Campaign weekend for the party, may or may not have to speak to the party leader on the following Saturday whilst at Regional Conference and may or may not be elected as Youth Representative for the party in my town the following Wednesday. All that + anxiety = not a particularly stressless fortnight.
It's definitely a good idea to sent it off early!

Wow! That sounds so exciting and daunting! I bet it'll be an amazing experience! I hope you get elected! :excited:

Definitely... except I seem to be the go-to-girl to all my friends for help with UCAS... I don't mind too much though, makes me feel useful haha :biggrin:

Yep, a weird mixture of both, especially the possibility of meeting the party leader. It's looking likely that I will be at the moment as I don't have any opposition and it's not that big of a role. I seem to be the only active young person in my town haha :biggrin:
Good luck! Let us know if you get elected! :yeah:

Thank you! :biggrin: I will! :smile: It may be a while though - that Wednesday is only the nomination... I think...
Reply 92
Just got an offer for french and business management today :smile: anymore language applicants?
Reply 93
Original post by coucouChar1997
Got an offer for French (ABB) today, so so happy because it's my favourite and my first offer! Only sent my application on Friday so I'm surprised on how fast I got it:biggrin:

Also doing french here, but with business as well :smile:
Original post by bethm21
Also doing french here, but with business as well :smile:

Well done!:smile:
Hi, does anyone know waht the applicant visit days (biosciences) are like? Also, do you get your offer before or after the visit day?
last week was asked to go to an interview in december for medical engineering, anyone else doing this?
Hi is anyone applying to Cardiff University for Optometry?:smile:
Original post by Fla-la
Hey, anyone thinking of applying to Cardiff in September 2016? Write your course and where you're from :smile:

I'm applying for Midwifery and I'm from Devon! :h:

Hi, I have received an offer for Law and Criminology (AAB) today, also from Devon! :smile:
Anyone else applying for Politics and Sociology? I got an offer from Cardiff a while ago for Social Analytics and Politics but not P&S... seems like they're going through the Law & International Relations dept. at the moment and something's finally changed on the Cardiff applicant portal so I hope I hear back soon! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending