The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2016!

Hey, anyone thinking of applying to Cardiff in September 2016? Write your course and where you're from :smile:

I'm applying for Midwifery and I'm from Devon! :h:

Scroll to see replies

I'm maybe going to apply for Medicine at Cardiff - from Yorkshire!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
I might be! For Biochemistry! :biggrin: I'm from Newport which is only 20 minutes away on the train and I think I might wanna go a bit further away, who knows! :tongue:
I'll be applying for Software Engineering at Cardiff; I'm from London. :smile:
Reply 4
Possibly! I'd apply for international relations and politics, and am from Sussex.
Yes, I'm applying for medicine. I'm from Cardiff. :smile:
Original post by Maximus7
Yes, I'll be applying for Genetics! from Conwy, Wales. :smile:

I considered doing genetics! :biggrin: It feels to restricting for me though. What made you go for genetics instead of biochemistry?
Reply 7
I'm from Cambridge, going to apply for medicine and biomedical science (anatomy).
oes it feel restricted?? :tongue: it's a great course! I had a look at the modules and they're all very interesting! besides, I've always been fascinated by how genes work, how they shaped evolution, how they mutate, how they benefit every species etc... and Genetic engineering or modification is something I'm quite interested in. How about you?

I just feel like I could access more careers with biochemistry, I don't really want to specify too soon :L but yeah genetics is really interesting! Have you read The Seven Daughters of Eve? You'd probably love it if you like genetics and the mitochondria, which I do!:colondollar: but I'm hoping to do something with formulation chemistry, like with cosmetics and stuff maybe? I love makeup and I love science, best of both! :biggrin: I also love genetics too, so maybe I'll do something with that? who knows! :tongue:
I am applying for English Literature. I'm from Cornwall :biggrin:
Yeah, that's a good reason to be fair... I just don't feel I'd enjoy biochemistry as much as genetics, even though I am good at it...:tongue: no, I haven't read it. WHt is it about? sounds intriguing I might look it up! :biggrin: that sounds quite interesting, it's cool that you're finding the scientific side to what you like doing on a daily basis. Not too many people think of it that way! It'd be cool if you do and were in Cardiff! :tongue:

It's about tracing our ancestors through our mitochondrial DNA, and the author, Bryan Sykes, claims we're all descended from one of seven women. It's such a good read, I'd recommend it to anyone :biggrin:
Cardiff seems like a really good course. I didn't want to stay close to home but now I'm seriously considering making it an option if I'm lucky enough to get an offer, they seem really competitive D: I'm trying not to get my heart set on a certain university yet though

Where else are you applying? :tongue:
Reply 11
I'm applying for history and I'm currently living in the US (my family's from London though!)
I'm applying for computer science! From Anglesey (North Wales) :smile:
Maybe applying for Physics, from London.
I'm applying for French and Economics, from London

Posted from TSR Mobile
I came on the Open Day and absolutely loved it! I'm stuck between two courses though: Politics and Sociology or Social Analytics and Politics. The Social Analytics course doesn't have many places though so I've decided to apply for both. I'm very worried though because I had to repeat year 12. Cardiff said that it wouldn't affect my application but I have a section on my UCAS application that looks awful.

I'm also applying to Aberystwyth, Nottingham and the University of Birmingham.

I'm from Warwickshire
(edited 8 years ago)
Hoping to possibly apply for dentistry, I'm from east sussex
Im applying for French and I'm from Dorset!😊
Reply 18
I'm thinking of applying to do the diagnostic radiography course and I am from London
Applied yesterday to study Law and I've just got an offer!!

Quick Reply

Latest