The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Hello all, just wondering is there anyone who is thinking about going on and doing Child nursing in 2016? General discussion, tell me where you thin you might like to go etc! Join in! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have an offer for Child Nursing for September 2016 at Sheffield Hallam University!
Reply 2
Original post by RosieMid
I have an offer for Child Nursing for September 2016 at Sheffield Hallam University!

Nice, Congratulations :smile:
Reply 3
Where are you thinking about applying too? Have u got any experience! Xx
Reply 4
Original post by RosieMid
Where are you thinking about applying too? Have u got any experience! Xx

I am hoping to next year be applying for Greenwich Avery Hill, or King's Colley London. I have got 50 hours of work experience at a local pre-school nursery, I did 50 hours in a infant and junior Primary school and I did 50 hours in my current Secondary school, so I have covered a wide variety of age, in fact all, and also, I'm hoping to be shadowing a nurse and helping in the children's therapy services in my local hospice, then I will have an outlook on both sick and well children of all ages, you know, I also have my Level 6? First Aid ahah.

What about you?Any experience?
Can I revive this thread? Considering applying for Child Nursing though not totally cemented yet as I'm yet to do my shadowing placements. Where are you applying? Your experience sounds really good!
Soon-to-qualify children's nurse here. Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the course or applying etc!

Joel :smile:
Original post by PaediatricStN
Soon-to-qualify children's nurse here. Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the course or applying etc!

Joel :smile:

Thanks, Joel! I'm sure I'll have a million questions.. currently just a ball of nerves about applying!! Have almost applied many times but always been too scared of being rejected. But if you don't try, you don't get!
I'm just trying to build up my work experience/understanding of the role of the children's nurse so I can mould a good enough PS!
Heya, I'm applying for Children's Nursing at BCU, Coventry and De Montford. Is anyone else applying for any of those? I'm really nervous about it as I've taken a gap year and I'm really worried that everyone else is going to be in their own little groups! :s-smilie:

Is anyone worried about the numeracy and literacy entry tests? I've done loads of recapping already but nothing seems to be going in haha...
I'm applying for Children's Nursing, just at different unis. I'm a bit nervous about the literacy test as I dropped English as soon as i passed the GCSE, maths I'm less nervous about as I did it for A-level. There's loads of resources for maths all over the place though, just takes some digging. I'm still stressing about my personal statement though :s
I've just sent my application off 😁😁!! I'm nervous about the tests too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I'm planing on doing child nursing in 2016
the uni's i have in mind so far is Surrey and Anglia Ruskin.
Hello I am planning on doing a childrens nursing degree however I am unsure of exams and coursework and how hard it'll be in general thanks
Original post by Larissakowalik23
Hello I am planning on doing a childrens nursing degree however I am unsure of exams and coursework and how hard it'll be in general thanks

Exams and coursework will vary between universities, asking how hard it will be is pretty subjective to each person really. I m an mh student nurse but my first year has 3 essays,4 exams, a practical exam, a cross field portfolio and all the placement documentation if that gives you any idea.
Reply 14
Hi,

I have applied for Children's Nursing at Bournemouth and Southampton.

Applied on the 15th September and am waiting (impatiently) for a response.

Would be nice to hear from people as interview requests and offers come in - just so we know that the universities are actually doing something!

Good luck everyone
Hi everyone! Applied for children's nursing at Birmingjam, Nottingham, Southampton, UWE and Cardiff :biggrin: waiting impatientlyfor a reply like everyone else now... UWE said they start interviewing in November so hopefully they'll get back to me soon?
Hi, I'm a newly qualified children's nurse here. Happy to answer any questions you guys and girls have about applying or the course itself etc! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by claireestelle
Exams and coursework will vary between universities, asking how hard it will be is pretty subjective to each person really. I m an mh student nurse but my first year has 3 essays,4 exams, a practical exam, a cross field portfolio and all the placement documentation if that gives you any idea.

It will vary enormously between universities. I did one MCQ and one written exam in my whole 3 years! (Not including the practical exams called OSCEs, of course)
Original post by PaediatricStN
It will vary enormously between universities. I did one MCQ and one written exam in my whole 3 years! (Not including the practical exams called OSCEs, of course)

I have 4 exams per year not counting osces, were all your assessments essay based then?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by claireestelle
:redface: I have 4 exams per year not counting osces

:K::K::K:

Quick Reply

Latest