The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Will my stats allow for a chance at an interview?

My AS grades were BCCC ( biology, chemistry, physics and maths ) with predictions of AAAB respectively.
GCSE 6A* 6A
I got a UKCAT score of 2840 band 2.

my score is 56/68 from their scoring system and i was wondering if this is enough to get an interview?

would love any advice and help, thanks.

This is for medicine
(edited 8 years ago)
You've not mentioned what course you're wanting to do, the grades needed will differ between them. I'm about to go into my forth year doing a MPhys physics degree at Hull, so I can only really tell you about physics or non-course specific things.

For physics at Hull, last time I checked they didn't really do interviews so you either got an offer or not depending on your application. I'm also aware that they sometimes offer Physics with a foundation year if you apply for physics but they don't think your grades are quite good enough. It's probably worth applying, if you can do a good personal statement, you may get an offer but it might be with foundation year.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by Midnight Star
You've not mentioned what course you're wanting to do, the grades needed will differ between them. I'm about to go into my forth year doing a MPhys physics degree at Hull, so I can only really tell you about physics or non-course specific things.

For physics at Hull, last time I checked they didn't really do interviews so you either got an offer or not depending on your application. I'm also aware that they sometimes offer Physics with a foundation year if you apply for physics but they don't think your grades are quite good enough. It's probably worth applying, if you can do a good personal statement, you may get an offer but it might be with foundation year.

hey sorry, didnt realise i didnt add medicine
Original post by akshay.singh
hey sorry, didnt realise i didnt add medicine

Ah, they would have an interview for that. I can't really help you but good luck. It's not easy going up that much between AS to A2. I did the same subjects as you and got slightly better results (BBBC) in AS, however I found A2 a lot harder and dropped a fair bit so I really wish you the best of luck at improving them.
Original post by akshay.singh
My AS grades were BCCC ( biology, chemistry, physics and maths ) with predictions of AAAB respectively.
GCSE 6A* 6A
I got a UKCAT score of 2840 band 2.

my score is 56/68 from their scoring system and i was wondering if this is enough to get an interview?

would love any advice and help, thanks.

This is for medicine

Also doing physics so i'm not much help either but it is definitely possible to improve your grades. I got CCCD at AS and then A*AB at A2 so you can definitely do it. Might be worth trying to find med school students to ask about the sort of grades needed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest