The Student Room Group

Is it normal to cry because you miss your childhood?

I'm just so stressed from school work and everything right now and I've been sat here procrastinating looking back at old home videos of me and my sisters when we were little and crying because everything was so stress-free and I really miss that I will never feel that way ever again. Does anyone else get this? How can I move on?
Commenting because I am exactly the same and want to hear if anyone has any solutions. Sorry i couldn't help! :frown:
I was literally watching an old home movie of me as a kid, man those were the days, surrounded by old men, being carried and closely held onto by people I didn't know, a lot of these people would always feed me gushers too, especially at night when my parents were sleeping. Those were great memories, though the gushers now lack that erratic squirt.
Reply 3
I miss my childhood too :frown: No stress and my parents did everything for me. Life is a scary thing.
Reply 4
You are never as young, as you are right now.
I do it all the time. :sadnod:
Reply 6
I don't really have these sorta memories in the same way :frown: I don't see my childhood as being carefree, I just remember the times where I was an unsociable little kid who spent most of his time playing on his two friends' games consoles - probably around 7-8 years ago tops.

I really don't have many memories of times before that... :redface:
Original post by BobbyFlay
I was literally watching an old home movie of me as a kid, man those were the days, surrounded by old men, being carried and closely held onto by people I didn't know, a lot of these people would always feed me gushers too, especially at night when my parents were sleeping. Those were great memories, though the gushers now lack that erratic squirt.
You must have really bad teeth
I think this is perfectly normal and I've often cried over stress before. Is there anything in particular about the school work that is stressing you out e.g. are you finding the actual work difficult or do you think you're just overworking yourself/spending too much time on it? Of course you can feel how you felt when you were younger. You need to take the time to do something you really enjoy every now and then and switch off from work.
Reply 9
Original post by Tarte Tatin
I think this is perfectly normal and I've often cried over stress before. Is there anything in particular about the school work that is stressing you out e.g. are you finding the actual work difficult or do you think you're just overworking yourself/spending too much time on it? Of course you can feel how you felt when you were younger. You need to take the time to do something you really enjoy every now and then and switch off from work.

The thing that is stressing me out about school work is that every time I attempt to do it, I get overwhelmed by how much there is and give up. And this is around the time that all those nostalgic feelings come rushing back and I sit here crying like a big baby who can't handle reality. I don't know how I'm going to survive at university..
Reply 10
Im still a mummys boy, she still does everything for me. Im still a child, come hate on me.
I used to cry over this a lot, I still do sometimes though nowadays I seem to miss the days when I was about 16/17 more than when I was a child. It can be very distressing to become emotional over missing times in your past because there is absolutely no way you can relive it. The only advice I can give is to let it all out when the crying does start, keeping it in will only make you feel worse and when its over try and focus on that even though you are stressed with what's going on in your life at the moment, things will get better and most likely the best times of your life are still yet to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
The thing that is stressing me out about school work is that every time I attempt to do it, I get overwhelmed by how much there is and give up. And this is around the time that all those nostalgic feelings come rushing back and I sit here crying like a big baby who can't handle reality. I don't know how I'm going to survive at university..

Just do it one topic at a time or do it for a fixed amount of time e.g. an hour a day and maybe have one day of the week where you don't do any work. Although some people find this distracting, you may also find it helpful to have some background noise, for example music on quietly in the background and this may help get rid of those nostalgic feelings.
Reply 13
I don't cry about it but I do reminisce about the old days during school and the stuff we used to get up to. Ah when you're young naive and innocent :frown:
10 years from now you’ll feel the same exact way about your life right now. Try to focus on the present so that you don’t feel the same way in 10 years looking back at how old you are right now. Make the most of what you have and look at every day as being an opportunity to make a memory. Cause you only live once and time flies.
I’m literally crying right now and do it all the time because I miss my childhood like my mum walking me to school or playing dolls with my cousins 😭😭😭
I’m literally crying right now and do it all the time because I miss my childhood like my mum walking me to school or playing dolls with my cousins ***

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending