The Student Room Group

Should women smoke weed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sorafdfs
That's okay, I'll just stick to valium and wine like a good housewife :smile:

Drug abuse is no laughing matter my dear.
Reply 81
Original post by Blue_Mason
Let me give you an example.
Biology dictates that women cannot be physically stronger then men on average, so women participating in certain sports are a no,no.
With weed, it is dirty drug, it smells, it makes people lazy and can destroy a persons looks.
Women are meant to be more image conscious then men, so by smoking it goes against the whole image thing.

You clearly need a reality check because we're not living in the middle ages anymore, OK?
Just because women are not physically stronger than men on average, does not mean they can't participate in certain sports (there are loads of female MMA fighters who could kick your ass)
Secondly I'm guessing that you've never smoked weed before, thus you have no experience/proper knowledge of it, yet you look down on people who do.
And lastly, if you truly believe we still live in a society where women are required to be more image conscious than men, then I have nothing left to say to you.
Original post by Soffie
You clearly need a reality check because we're not living in the middle ages anymore, OK?

Just because women are not physically stronger than men on average, does not mean they can't participate in certain sports (there are loads of female MMA fighters who could kick your ass)

Secondly I'm guessing that you've never smoked weed before, thus you have no experience/proper knowledge of it, yet you look down on people who do.

And lastly, if you truly believe we still live in a society where women are required to be more image conscious than men, then I have nothing left to say to you.

My grandparents, parents have grown up with the traditional social rules that have made this country great, and it is my duty to keep it alive.
No but I do not need to smoke it,as I have seen the consequences of weed smoking.
Yes, and why should people smoke weed?To be lazy and off there head?
But I would still be physically superior if you was to compare me to a female mma fighter.
This thread is pretty funny.

Weed is a medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by DiddyDec

Weed is a medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then you need some ASAP.
Original post by elliemayxo
Whether we like it or not, it IS a drug. Anything that you can get addicted from or anything that you crave is actually classed as some form of a drug.
I do see why it's worse for women to smoke, I don't think it's as bad if guys do it.

Not entirely true. People can get addicted to videogames, food, masturbation, etc, none of these are classed as drugs.

Dictionary definition is (paraphrasing) "substance which, when ingested, has a physiological effect on the body".

Learn yo'self some knowledge.

The latter part of your post is pure opinion and has no bearing on reality. There's nothing inherently wrong with cannabis, regardless of who's using it.
Original post by NHM713
Then you need some ASAP.

You are right I do. Chronic pain has been proven to be helped by weed.

Weed is a medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is it funny?
Why is it funny?

Because of the clear misunderstanding of why most people use it. It is nothing to do with aggression or stress, it is boredom.
Because, as I said with drugs being a hardcore and a dirty habit.
Girls are meant to be sensible and more conscious.

Please tell me this is a troll. No-one can really have these opinions, surely.
Yes they should its there choice
Reply 91
You are right I do. Chronic pain has been proven to be helped by weed.

It also help psychological issues too.
Original post by NHM713
It also help psychological issues too.

I don't currently have any of them, but thank you for the concern. I had no idea you cared so much for my health.
Because of the clear misunderstanding of why most people use it. It is nothing to do with aggression or stress, it is boredom.

But why not just pick up on a hobby that can improve your physics and mental state?
But why not just pick up on a hobby that can improve your physics and mental state?

Because people enjoy taking drugs. Why else would they take them?
Original post by Phoebe-fuller
Please tell me this is a troll. No-one can really have these opinions, surely.

Well, you need to understand that they're people who have different views,experience and upbringing from you.
Learn to take in such views that differ from yours, or else you will remain ignorant.
Because people enjoy taking drugs. Why else would they take them?

But how can you enjoy something that will be bad for you in the long run?
Original post by elliemayxo
Whether we like it or not, it IS a drug. Anything that you can get addicted from or anything that you crave is actually classed as some form of a drug.
I do see why it's worse for women to smoke, I don't think it's as bad if guys do it.

you can't really get addicted to weed.

It's probably on the same level as getting addicted to watching TV.

It can improve your mental state.
But how can you enjoy something that will be bad for you in the long run?

Live in the moment and enjoy life, don't worry about the future. See how easy it is.

Although some drugs may harm you in the long run most will not when taken sensibly. The only drug to have effected me in long run is one prescribed to me.
Reply 99
I don't currently have any of them, but thank you for the concern. I had no idea you cared so much for my health.

Yeah, as far as you're aware, right. I am concerned, and so should you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending