The Student Room Group

I have never studied sociology

I briefly studied sociology at AS level but I failed it and could not take it for A2, I was still very interested in criminology and so I applied to do it at uni, I have no experience in criminology as someone who took it for A Level or a college course would do, do you think this will be extremely difficult or will I be able to catch up to the same level?
Reply 1
i think it will be easy to catch up - not everybody on your course will have studied sociology, and they wont expect you all to have so dont worry!
Thankyou very much, I was slightly worried that I would have no idea what is going on and that I would be lost at every corner
Reply 3
Original post by AdmiralJamesS
Thankyou very much, I was slightly worried that I would have no idea what is going on and that I would be lost at every corner

dont worry, im sure if there is any really important concepts covered in alevel subjects they will cover them for those who didnt do the subject - and if you do feel a bit behind dont be afraid to ask questions about it!!
Reply 4
Don't worry about it, I'm going into sociology this year and I've never studied it at any level prior, I have a relative who was in the same position and he ended up top of his year. The first few weeks will be explains the basic ideas (pretty much cover A level standards) so everyone is starting from the same groundwork anyway. As long as you do the reading you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending