The Student Room Group

How much to drink for the first time?

I'll be going to a party soon with alcohol and this will be the first time I've drank alcohol so how much is enough before my liver stops and need to go to hospital for a transplant/die?
Reply 1
Are you a troll?

You'll know when you have had enough
erm....well quite a lot to be honest. and I mean, A LOT. Don't go overboard with it, just drink to when you start to feel confident/in a good state, then I would stop there if I was you.

That said, don't worry if you keep on drinking from there. It depends on what you're drinking, but if you drank about 35cl of vodka, you'd be completely trashed most likely, but you wouldn't have situations with your liver stopping or you needing hospital or anything. It's hard to say how much you can drink before that happens as it varies person to person, but generally you would need to drink SO SO MUCH for that to happen. If in doubt, just don't drink, there's no pressure to.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'll be going to a party soon with alcohol and this will be the first time I've drank alcohol so how much is enough before my liver stops and need to go to hospital for a transplant/die?

You can tell when to stop drinking, you'll know you're acting differently. Drink slowly and eat to be able to drink more and don't drink to get drunk. In terms of how much, everybody is different and for the first time you need to stay in control and learn what you're like.
just take it slowly, mix your drinks fairly weak and remember that you will continue to get drunker for probably 20 minutes or so after you've finished your drink so don't rush to have another one!
Just drink one or two, most people start off with WKD and you can have as many of them as you want really XD if you are having wine one or two glasses, if you are having beer two or three.. just stop when you get fed up.. you'll know if/when you're drunk
Reply 6
Original post by howardyeates
Are you a troll?

You'll know when you have had enough

no, sorry for not drinking before
Stick to drinks like beer or alcopops rather than spirits or wine and drink slowly. Don't do shots. People get embarrassingly wasted or black out because they drink too much too quickly.
Original post by Anonymous
no, sorry for not drinking before

100-200 of pure spirit (40%).
Probably 100 for a first timer.
Lol depends on the person. I used to drink a bottle of vodka at each party when i was younger. I now purposely throw up when i get home if ive been drinking alot to save my liver and brain lol
Drink very slowly, if you feel not comfortable. Stop drinking immediately.

Quick Reply

Latest