The Student Room Group

LAST MINUTE DECISION: business or economics A-level!!!

Which one will be easier to get an A*???
business = OCR
Economics = AQA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go for whichever one you find more interesting, if you have an interest in the subject you'll find it easier to get a better grade
Easier= Business
More respected by Unis= Economics
To answer your question

Business

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by 1338
Go for whichever one you find more interesting, if you have an interest in the subject you'll find it easier to get a better grade

I am more interested in Economics but i am taking it along with two other traditional A-levels which will consume time. So why couldn't I pick an easier A-level which I can still do economics at uni from there on?
Reply 5
Original post by angelcake123
To answer your question

Business

Posted from TSR Mobile

What makes it easier than economics may I ask?
Reply 6
Original post by angelcake123
To answer your question

Business

Posted from TSR Mobile

What makes it easier do you think?
Original post by student1678
What makes it easier than economics may I ask?

I've only done economics and it sure isn't 'easy' to get an A*. But my friends who have done business and econ always say business is a piece of cake compared to it (obvs business is still hard) but yeah.

I think the graphs and calculations in econ makes econ harder? I might be wrong though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I am more interested in Economics but i am taking it along with two other traditional A-levels which will consume time. So why couldn't I pick an easier A-level which I can still do economics at uni from there on?

Have you done both of these at AS already and do you want to do economics at uni?
Reply 9
I visited Imperial , a very well respected Uni, they said that if you have an A Level in business or general studies they count it as if you don't have that 3rd / 4th A Level at all
Basically your far better off doing economics and it won't take up that much more of your time
Reply 11
i did edexcel eco. it was absolutely bloody ease. got an A for AS and i revised 3 days before the exam literally
Original post by 1338
Have you done both of these at AS already and do you want to do economics at uni?

I haven't done any. I got places from 2 schools. 1 is my school that offers business studies. The other is a grammar school that offers econ. And i need to make a decision. Max at the end of this week.
Original post by koh1234
i did edexcel eco. it was absolutely bloody ease. got an A for AS and i revised 3 days before the exam literally

Mine is AQA. plus there are only a section of MCQ's in the third paper. the first and 2nd is purely essay-based.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Easier= Business
More respected by Unis= Economics

What makes business easier?
Reply 15
I haven't done any. I got places from 2 schools. 1 is my school that offers business studies. The other is a grammar school that offers econ. And i need to make a decision. Max at the end of this week.

I can't speak for economics but with business I found that the mark schemes can be quite confusing and the specification was mainly focused on application and exam technique. For A2 you actually need to do a lot of work to get higher grades but I don't know how it compares to economics.

Also depending on what degree you're doing the 'reputation' for each subject might matter a lot or not at all
Reply 16
Original post by koh1234

lol? what did you use to revise
Original post by Yousf

Want to know myself too. I will be doing OCR so hope its still applicable.
Reply 18
I did Economics and it wasn't too hard. I enjoyed it so much though and got an A overall.
Pick whichever one you are interested in the most.
Reply 19
Original post by Yousf

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Economics-Student-Unit-Guide/dp/144414782X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442353451&sr=8-2&keywords=edexcel+as+unit+1+books+economics

Also the unit 2 version. its not that thick. its a revision book. i only used this for the last 3 days. got 80ums in unit 1 and 87ums in unit 2. each ot of 10 ums

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending