The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Mental Health Nursing Salford University March 2016 intake

Scroll to see replies

what is freshers week so we dont have to go in that week? im so impatient but I need to sort my boys nursery out. has anyone sent off for all there loans ect now? ive been a super geek ive even got all my stationary just need a bag and a file and im ready to go ha x
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by Tylewcha
Last year they started on the 22nd; start date is technically 21st but that is the freshers week.
I'm going off a timetable I've seen for the Adult nursing course, they should run parallel.
When they said start 28th they'll mean w/c, not actual day. :smile:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one still waiting to hear follow up details!

Hi! Great, thanks for the reply, no, looks like were all in the same boat :smile:
hi :smile:

I've got an interview on the 16 and i'm not sure what to expect..help?
thanks
Original post by Shadowsfear
hi :smile:

I've got an interview on the 16 and i'm not sure what to expect..help?
thanks

maths and english test. then your interview which is I think 5 questions.
like why salford uni...why mental health....why should they chose you...what skills n quslities you have. just stay calm n be cinfident and you cant go wrong :smile: good luck xx
Original post by LaurenJohnston91
maths and english test. then your interview which is I think 5 questions.
like why salford uni...why mental health....why should they chose you...what skills n quslities you have. just stay calm n be cinfident and you cant go wrong :smile: good luck xx

Hi!! Yeah exactly what lauren said, it can be a long day so be prepared to be there all day depending on how many of you there are. And literally the interview is about 5 generic questions, i was like, is that it? haha, but yes calm and confident, good luck xx
sorry about my awful spelling this phone has a mind of its own ha. when will you be starting? x
this is for sep 2016 intake and no worries on the spelling front, i'm just as bad some days! :P
Reply 28
Original post by bex_marshall
Hi Guys,

I'm starting Salford in March 2016 doing Mental Health Nursing, just wondering if any one is doing the same? Was also trying to found out rough timetables of the year so to know what to expect but everything i find relates to the academic year starting Sept 2015....

Hi,

I'm also starting in March :-) I have a friend who is currently in her second year and I have asked for her timetable so once I can get it I will share it on here :-)

Zoe
Original post by ZoeB97
Hi,

I'm also starting in March :-) I have a friend who is currently in her second year and I have asked for her timetable so once I can get it I will share it on here :-)

Zoe

i know someone in her first year might ask for her timetable didnt think about that will they more or less be the same?
was thinking too will we all be in the same class do you think or is it like college where they have a few different classes? xx
Reply 30
i know someone in her first year might ask for her timetable didnt think about that will they more or less be the same?
was thinking too will we all be in the same class do you think or is it like college where they have a few different classes? xx

I think the first year one will be better because it will more similar to what we will be doing,there is about 60 people doing mental health so I'm not sure ! Also have you had you ID and Pin to register on the Salford website ??xx
Original post by ZoeB97
Hi,

Zoe

Hi Zoe yeah that would be great!!
No ive not had any id or anything x
ive not had any id either. il see if i can get that timetable then x
Reply 33
ive not had any id either. il see if i can get that timetable then x

On the website it says they send them early December so I don't think we will have to wait much longer, yeah that would be good, could you send it me if you get it ?x
Hey guys, is anyone still waiting for info? I'm in the March '16 intake.. I got (basically) an unconditional offer in like July. All I had to do was prove my A level results. I took them personally to their office at the end of November. I'm sure I read somewhere that we should hear from the uni over Christmas. Stuff like how to apply for financing, DBS checks etc. But I still haven't.. Is anyone else still waiting or is now the time to panic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, is anyone still waiting for info? I'm in the March '16 intake.. I got (basically) an unconditional offer in like July. All I had to do was prove my A level results. I took them personally to their office at the end of November. I'm sure I read somewhere that we should hear from the uni over Christmas. Stuff like how to apply for financing, DBS checks etc. But I still haven't.. Is anyone else still waiting or is now the time to panic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied for that alfeady you havw till 29th jan to apply. google nhs boss and all the info will be on there. if you want you can add me on facebook lauren johnston my profile pic is me and my fella and a france flag x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya! Yeh weve not been given much info to be honest, found most out ourselves lol, but yeh ull need to set up an nhs boss account for ur bursary, the website has loads of helpful info. Also apply to student finance england if you havent already. Have you heard from the uni about occupational health form you/ your doctor need to complete? x
Thanks guys. :smile:
I'm applying on the NHS BOSS site now, just doing the entitlement calculator first. I'll do the SFE afterwards.
I've also left a voicemail for one of the programme assistants saying I've not heard anything from them yet..
So nope, nothing about Occ. Health. Should be up to date though, I've had all my relevant shots due to working in this field anyway. I know I'll need another DBS check though because they won't accept my recent one for work.
Thanks guys. :smile:
I'm applying on the NHS BOSS site now, just doing the entitlement calculator first. I'll do the SFE afterwards.
I've also left a voicemail for one of the programme assistants saying I've not heard anything from them yet..
So nope, nothing about Occ. Health. Should be up to date though, I've had all my relevant shots due to working in this field anyway. I know I'll need another DBS check though because they won't accept my recent one for work.

ahh good stuff :smile: once youve made your boss account then you have to submit your application for the bursary, that slightly boggled my mind lol, then they tell you what documents you need to send them.
Well Hopefully you'll hear back from uni oon if youve left them a message, fingers crossed for you.
I dont know when they do the DBS check, ive not heard about that one. x
Done the BOSS application - oh my god! Took ages haha. Plus they want all of this supporting evidence; who has payslips for 3 years ago?! I don't have P60's or anything either. And I don't have a tenancy agreement; I'll be staying someplace else when I commence studying so no paperwork for that. Eurgh. Guess I'll be making more calls tomorrow!
DBS isn't too much bother, you only need it definitely done before you're allowed on placement. Salford Uni will probably start us doing our DBS checks on our fresher week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending