The Student Room Group

Retaking Alevels and gap year.. CONFUSED

Hi,
My A-Level grades weren't too great! I got BBC and I did not get into my firm choice, QMUL. I was absolutely devastated( and I still am!) and Im thinking of retaking my exams to boost my grades to AAB. I was only 4 marks off an A in Law. Do uni look down those who retake alevels? I am also worried about writing my personal statement again. No one really supports my decision because they think that I should go to any uni and it doesn't matter if I go to a Russell group uni. Im just doing it for myself, I want to be proud of myself. Everyone is telling me to be proud of myself because I have had difficult circumstances but Im still very down on myself. I did better in my exams this year. I achieved 4 A out of the 7 exams. As I hope to be an accountant must grad schemes want 300 or 320 ucas points and I only have 280!
Any advice as to what I should do?
Kind regards
Universities don't look down on people that re-do their A levels. They just want the grade
Reply 2
Hi!
I retook nearly all of my AS courses (CDEUU are NOT good grades, especially when you're dropping the C and D courses!) and then did my A2s. There was absolutely no questions about my retakes. You should be fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending