The Student Room Group

Student Finance dates?

Why do I get paid on the 26th when all of my friends get paid on the 21st? I reapplied before all of them! I was hoping to move back to uni this week, and freshers starts on the 21st, but I can't do either if I don't get paid until the 26th because I literally have like £60 left over from April's payment. Can I call them and ask if they could pay me on the 21st, like they seem to be doing with everybody else at my uni? I don't have parents so borrowing money isn't an option.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
You will be paid your SF money a few days after you enrol at uni. Are your friends at different unis or on different courses? They can all have different enrollment dates.

The date on your SF correspondence is just the earliest date they can send your money - it's not the date on which you will necessarily get the money. SF base that date on the start date of your course - again, that differs between unis and even departments.

The process is:

1) You enrol on campus (usually during Freshers'/Induction Week)
2) Your uni tells SF you have enrolled
3) SF release your funds
4) Your SF funds are transferred into your bank account

You can take a guess at when your money will arrive, from the date the uni have given you for on campus enrollment. However, delays can happen at any point in that process and nothing will happen over a weekend.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending