The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
ah im sure it wont be too bad. i dont mind hanging around for a while...im going to be living there for a year so im sure an extra 3 hours wont matter too much.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Actually when I had to queue it wasn't too bad - it was a nice day and I got to chat to other new residents while queueing! There were some free muffins and coffees around as well... it won't be too bad!
Reply 62
ooh free food and drink, im there :P
mmmmmmmmmm muffins
Reply 64
ive got my place, flat 10, room 2, Limes :smile:
Reply 65
Yay!! got the letter this morning...Flat 6, room 5, lilies! lol is that good? whats with the flowers, is each block named with a flower?? :s-smilie:
Reply 66
CoCoKiTTy
Yay!! got the letter this morning...Flat 6, room 5, lilies! lol is that good? whats with the flowers, is each block named with a flower?? :s-smilie:

Aw, man, Lilies is an awesome block!
And yes, they're all named after some kind of plant - either trees, (e.g. Oaks, Willows, Redwoods) shrubs, (e.g. Mulberries, Laurels) flowers, (e.g. Lilies) or poisonous plants (e.g. Hemlocks).
Reply 67
aww i want to know! philjw what are the large studios like? and are there any near each other? cos me & my friend both asked for them and asked to be near each other, so is it likely we will be? arghhh i hope its not all internationals in studios.
Reply 68
.jen.
aww i want to know! philjw what are the large studios like? and are there any near each other? cos me & my friend both asked for them and asked to be near each other, so is it likely we will be? arghhh i hope its not all internationals in studios.

The large studios are likely to be in a 'flat' of other large studios - or other studio flats at least. So if you asked to be near each other you could easily be in the same 'flat' - though studio flats are just corridors as there are no communal rooms. In fact, sometimes you have to walk through one flat to get to another, especially in Redwoods.
With studios, it is a bit different to other flats as I don't think many people know or see the other people in their flat that often. At least, in February when I and some other people went round every flat inviting people to the Christian Union events that week, not many people in studio flats knew who else was in. As for internationals, you're quite likely to find them in studio flats - apparently 60% of Broadgaters are international, and there is not a proportion of 60% in the shared kitchen flats - so I guess there must be more than 60% in the studio flats.
how come i don't know where i'm living yet? :frown:
Reply 70
I don't know where I'm living in BGP next year, either. They probably haven't sent all the letters out yet!
Reply 71
philjw
The large studios are likely to be in a 'flat' of other large studios - or other studio flats at least. So if you asked to be near each other you could easily be in the same 'flat' - though studio flats are just corridors as there are no communal rooms. In fact, sometimes you have to walk through one flat to get to another, especially in Redwoods.
With studios, it is a bit different to other flats as I don't think many people know or see the other people in their flat that often. At least, in February when I and some other people went round every flat inviting people to the Christian Union events that week, not many people in studio flats knew who else was in. As for internationals, you're quite likely to find them in studio flats - apparently 60% of Broadgaters are international, and there is not a proportion of 60% in the shared kitchen flats - so I guess there must be more than 60% in the studio flats.

That's a bit sucky! Just going to have to make a huge effort to get to know people around me. And have to keep hoping my friend will at least be in the same flat. I can't believe there are NO communal rooms in studio flats :frown: There should at least be a lounge/common room type thing. Arghhhh beginning to regret this decision now! If i'm reallly unhappy i guess i could ask if there are any spare ensuite rooms in a normal flat, but i guess they're highly demanded so will most likely be full up. Plus if i waited a bit then people will have already made friends.

Please come to see me in my rubbishy room people! :p:
will do jen :smile:
Reply 73
yay :biggrin: :biggrin: aww it'd be good if you're in a flat near me too. i want to know someone round me!
hehe :smile: we'll see. they're always so slow upp grr
Reply 75
Yeah, I'm sure if you made a bit of an effort then you'd get to know people - it's just that there's nothing forcing you to get to know the people in your flat so some people don't bother, or are too shy to make the first introduction. In any case, you're bound to make friends either on BGP or on your course or through societies. And then have a party in your massive room!
Reply 76
lol dont forget we already decided to have a party so we all know people, lol.

on the upside i found another 07 fresher doing modern european studies like me...small world.

i love facebook for things like that.
Reply 77
philjw
Yeah, I'm sure if you made a bit of an effort then you'd get to know people - it's just that there's nothing forcing you to get to know the people in your flat so some people don't bother, or are too shy to make the first introduction. In any case, you're bound to make friends either on BGP or on your course or through societies. And then have a party in your massive room!

yeah i'll be in second year so i already have quite a few friends on my course :p: just would be nicer to have good friends where i live :smile: it's not going to be impossible to make friends though! Living in halls this year has shown i didn't make enough effort at first to get to know ppl, cos i'm quite shy, but i think i've changed a bit this year and will be more confident etc speaking to new ppl in sept!

And yep Becky, i wont forget about our 'tsr party' :p: :biggrin:
Reply 78
I'm in flat 1, room 3 Laurels! Looking foward to September!!!
Reply 79
lol, ill come visit. i might just do the rounds...knock on peoples doors and say 'hello, ive seen you on TSR...'

Latest

Trending

Trending