The Student Room Group

Any student bank accounts that do not require passport/drivers license to open them?

Hi All

Sorry for how stupid this is going to sound, but are there any student bank accounts out there currently where I do not have to have a photo ID to open them? I only ask as do not have a passport, nor do I have a drivers license... (as medically am not able to drive) :smile: I tried HSBC, but sadly my birth certificate/other stuff was not enough :frown:

Thanks again!
Original post by Samwin
Hi All

Sorry for how stupid this is going to sound, but are there any student bank accounts out there currently where I do not have to have a photo ID to open them? I only ask as do not have a passport, nor do I have a drivers license... (as medically am not able to drive) :smile: I tried HSBC, but sadly my birth certificate/other stuff was not enough :frown:

Thanks again!

No having photo ID is going to cause you real problems, not just opening bank accounts, but also with other things that may occur at uni. Is there any reason you can't apply for a passport?
Reply 2
I don't have the money for it at the moment, my family's on a low income and struggling to find a job (have multiple disabilities) but hopefully will at some point.

Quick Reply