The Student Room Group

Can I get Into uni with these grades...

GCSEs: 1A, 5Bs, 5Cs
AS: AABC
Predicted: AAA

Can I get offers for economics and politics at kent, soas, City and Birmingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Prina_R

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those unis yes,

But you could apply for better if you got an A in maths and try get an A* predication.
Original post by Prina_R

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see why not. You'll probably need AAb for those unis.
Original post by Prina_R

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm off to Kent(Warwick was my firm but screwed up).
Just need to have a good personal statement!Why not apply to the Big 5?
Reply 4
Original post by Skill Twix
I'm off to Kent(Warwick was my firm but screwed up).
Just need to have a good personal statement!Why not apply to the Big 5?

i want to apply to universities in london or south east..birmingham is an exception because its so nice lol
I want to apply to surrey but they ask for an A in GCSE maths..i only got a B, so im not sure if i should apply
Original post by Prina_R
i want to apply to universities in london or south east..birmingham is an exception because its so nice lol
I want to apply to surrey but they ask for an A in GCSE maths..i only got a B, so im not sure if i should apply

One requirement won't stop you!I applied to many places which asked for an A in GCSE maths and got 5 offers.Applied to Warwick,Bristol,Nottingham,QMUL and Manchester
Reply 6
One requirement won't stop you!I applied to many places which asked for an A in GCSE maths and got 5 offers.Applied to Warwick,Bristol,Nottingham,QMUL and Manchester

Did you actually got an A though? Or did you get Lower?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prina_R
Did you actually got an A though? Or did you get Lower?

Posted from TSR Mobile

B!
Ha! I do believe I am buggered then, A Polish, C History, C General Studies, D RS, E Geography. Though I was assured by one of the professors of Political Economy at the UofB that the Polish A Level will count as one of my 'three' grades.
Reply 9
B!

What did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prina_R
What did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

BSc Economics
Reply 11
BSc Economics

Really? That's reassured me! How is it? Is the course hard? Is there a lot of maths involved

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prina_R
Really? That's reassured me! How is it? Is the course hard? Is there a lot of maths involved

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you do well on your AS level maths,nobody will look at your GCSE grades.I got a B in Maths(79% UMS so was pretty close to an A)
Not sure how hard it is.Time will tell tbh!
Yes there is a lot of maths involved but it's interesting
Reply 13
If you do well on your AS level maths,nobody will look at your GCSE grades.I got a B in Maths(79% UMS so was pretty close to an A)
Not sure how hard it is.Time will tell tbh!
Yes there is a lot of maths involved but it's interesting

So you do Alevel maths?? I don't do Alevel maths :s-smilie: only gcse...which I got a B in ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prina_R
So you do Alevel maths?? I don't do Alevel maths :s-smilie: only gcse...which I got a B in ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I did that
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Yep I did that

Im not doing Alevel maths...and I only got a B in IGCSE maths so I probably wont get a place :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by Prina_R

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh, you will need some maths at university economics especially if you have to do econometrics modules which are basically statistics.

Most universities might make you do a maths module or something in your first year as a sort of refresher or to get you up to speed. But in any case with econometrics, I found they start off at GCSE level statistics and build it up that way.

BTW I did BSc. Economics and Maths
Original post by Prina_R
Im not doing Alevel maths...and I only got a B in IGCSE maths so I probably wont get a place :frown:

Call the unis!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending