The Student Room Group

Guys, do you ever ask a girl out face to face any more?

Scroll to see replies

If this is what you're asking, no I'd never ask someone out digitally, anything like that has gotta be in person imo.
Original post by Anonymous
Seems to be a dying tradition. I'm a 20 year old woman and have NEVER been asked out face to face... always by text or Facebook message. Do you just not do it that way anymore or have I been dating chickens?

how do they usually ask you out by Facebook or text message
Does it still count if you just kind of appear hungover in there house on a Sunday morning several weekends on a row with no recolection of the night before and it just becomes convienient to start dating? :biggrin:
Out to my bbm crew.
Reply 24
[QUOTE=Mr Smurf;59362597]It's better than dealing with the shame and humiliation if (when in my case) the girl says no.
Mind you, just might increase the chance of them saying no. Plus that horrible period when you are waiting for a reply is not good.
Original post by Anonymous
Seems to be a dying tradition. I'm a 20 year old woman and have NEVER been asked out face to face... always by text or Facebook message. Do you just not do it that way anymore or have I been dating chickens?

Yea of course people still ask each other out face to face just with technology it isn't the only option now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foreverlost--
Online dating seems very shallow to me in my personal opinion-can't you have the confidence in real life??? You'll be having sex in real life not behind a screen

Zactly :smile:
If we're talking about someone who you've already spent time with asking you to be their girlfriend by text etc, that's pathetic.

If we're talking about someone asking you out on a date, then most of the comments are over critical. Unless its someone you know well are you just going to wait to bump into them again. If I had gotten a girls phone number and then waited to see her again before asking her out, she'd be married with kids before I'd get a shot at asking her (if I was lucky).
Nope. It puts her under pressure and I don't want her to rush her decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have face to face in the past but online (and getting her number to text) is far easier than pulling in public/clubs.
I've only asked girls out online so far as I think about potential rejection & think it would be much more awkward in real life. I think it's definitely better in person though, one day I want to believe that I'd have to confidence to do something like that without fearing coming across as a creep/rejection so much! :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Multitalented me
I've only asked girls out online so far as I think about potential rejection & think it would be much more awkward in real life. I think it's definitely better in person though, one day I want to believe that I'd have to confidence to do something like that without fearing coming across as a creep/rejection so much! :smile:

Threads a year old now:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Threads a year old now:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah aha, but feel it's still relevant :tongue:
I really despise girls who hate being asked out in particular ways. I have NEVER been asked out and I would be grateful for the attention. ****ing ungrateful *****es.
I did that once... NEVER AGAIN lol.

Face-to-Face at least you can get an immediate answer, no silly delays, no awkward post-encounters (well, not awkward for me anyway). Either Yes or No there and then. If they beat around the bush trying to think of an excuse. "Nah? Oh that's cool then", can move on with my day, no time wasted, etc.
On the contrary to what they're saying on here, I don't think they do. They just stick to whatsapp and Facebook chat

Quick Reply

Latest