The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Twin room experiences

When I start uni I will be in a twin room. I was just wondering if anyone here was in a twin room and what was it like for you? I know it depends a lot on your roommate but was just wondering what it was like for you?
Roommates can be annoying I'll tell you that. I'm in a twin room down at Warsash and my roommates a pain. A manageable pain but a pain nonetheless. What uni you off to buddy? :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by marco14196
Roommates can be annoying I'll tell you that. I'm in a twin room down at Warsash and my roommates a pain. A manageable pain but a pain nonetheless. What uni you off to buddy? :smile:

York. What sort of problems did you have with your roommate and what were some good points of having a roommate? I know it depends on who you end up with but I was just wondering about your opinion. Thanks
My sister and I were looking for a twin room but were put separately, unfortunately. If you and your roommate want to swap,
Send me a message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 4
Luck of the draw. I knew 3 pairs of people in twins in my time at York.

2 girls who got on very well despite being superficially quite different (one was extrovert the other quite quiet).

Couple of blokes were well suited.

Another, my best mate was unlucky and got a complete pillock as a roommate.

So the odds are favourable based on a dubious sample size!
It wil depend entirely on who your roommate will be. I got on well with my roommate because she gave me space and left me alone. She was introvert like I am so she didnt drain my energy. Now if I had to live in a room with some loud mouth who constantly has to run their mouth.. I would not have been able to handle it. Im afraid you will just have to wait and see. You might get lucky you might not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending